ARGV= protocol

Post by DAVID MEGGINS » Thu, 21 Jun 1990 23:00:00

Thank you again to the many people who have responded to my ARGV=
enquiry. I misunderstood the new Atari protocol because of the German
Gemini 1.1, which uses it incorrectly (the way I described it in my
initial posting). The ARGV= protocol looks very promising for the ST,
and I will incorporate it into my startup code. Just to make things
clear, this is the correct format for ARGV=

       ARGV=<don't care>\0<av[0]>\0<av[1]>\0...<av[ac-1]>\0\0

Also, as Alan Pratt wrote, the length byte in the basepage must be set
to 0x7f (I think). Hope this makes up for any confusion. Now, could
someone explain XBRA (just joking).

David Megginson

---
 * Via ProDoor 3.1R

1. XBRA AND ARGV PROTOCOLS

I need documentation on the XBRA interrupt handling protocol and the
ARGV message protocol so that I can support them in my programs.

Can anyone point me to some docs, or possibly even email them to me?
+---------------------------------+--------------------------+
| {{{ Dan }}} aka Scatter on IRC! | Atari Falcon030 4/65/340 |
+---------------------------------+--------------------------+
|  Looking for a Falcon sample editor? Get SuperSam v1.08!   |

2. Hobbyist Licence OpenVMS V7.1-2 Kit and Multia.

3. Argv/xarg protocols - help!

4. A very dumb Watcom 10

5. [--- ARGV ---]

6. Strange Subfolder in FP 2000

7. argv question ?

8. How to convert the Psion agenda file to Palm V date book?

9. Can I get my accessory's name with *argv?

10. argv[0] question

11. Problems with ARGV - summa

12. argv