CAF:SoundPool ADAT & Alesis AI3?

Post by Brian J. Rola » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 04:03:51

I have an opportunity to get an Alesis AI3 at
a really sweet price.  This is 24bit A/D/A
converter with 8 balanced inputs and 8 balanced
outputs, thus converting all 16 channels into 2
optical/digital ADAT connections.  It claims
to work with all 20 bit ADAT standard equipment.

Does anyone know if this would work with the
SoundPool ADAT box and CueBase Audio?  Seems
like it should to me.  Can the SoundPool ADAT
device still be purchased?

Thanks,
Brian

Post by Claes Holmeru » Wed, 25 Jul 2001 02:10:21

> I have an opportunity to get an Alesis AI3 at
> a really sweet price.  This is 24bit A/D/A
> converter with 8 balanced inputs and 8 balanced
> outputs, thus converting all 16 channels into 2
> optical/digital ADAT connections.  It claims
> to work with all 20 bit ADAT standard equipment.

> Does anyone know if this would work with the
> SoundPool ADAT box and CueBase Audio?  Seems
> like it should to me.  Can the SoundPool ADAT
> device still be purchased?

.
They don't manufacture their units any more (unless you want to buy 50
pieces...), so the possibilities are if they still have a unit in stock or
the second-hand market...

Best regards,
Claes
website: http://www.holmerup.com - mirrored at http://mirror.holmerup.com