smalltalk

Post by FITSI.. » Fri, 02 Nov 1990 22:33:00

Has anybody out there heard anything about Smalltalk for Atari ST ?
I am in desperate need of some information
                                                CHARLIE

smalltalk

Post by Hr Plaum Reine » Fri, 02 Nov 1990 10:56:00

I have a public domain version of Smalltalk, called Little Smalltalk.
This is together with Icon (another language) on a disk, available from
each PD distributor in Germany.
This version is without grafics, i think (I actually did not use it),
solely the language. One my say Smalltalk without grafics is not
Smalltalk, but it is free, just to get a feeling of real Smalltalk.

I know of a professional version of Smalltalk for the ST. I read a review
about that in some german computer magazin. As far as I can remember, the price
would be ca 2000 DM (ca 1100 $), for students and teachers considerably fewer.
It is a complete and stable implementation of Smalltalk-80.

Reiner Plaum

smalltalk

Post by Ian Powe » Fri, 02 Nov 1990 13:24:00

> Has anybody out there heard anything about Smalltalk for Atari ST ?
> I am in desperate need of some information
>                                                 CHARLIE

I had a phone call from a guy the other day following up a
discussion we had on Smalltalk/V for the PC.  In passing I asked
him if there was one for the ATARI ST.  He said there was in fact
a Smalltalk-80 system.  Don't get too e*d, it needs at lest a
Mega ST4 to run with a large hard disk and will cost about 500+.
Not for home use, at least in the UK!  I can offhand remember the
companies name, but he promised to mail me some information.
When I receive this I will post a synopsis, if anyone is
interested.

1. C++ and Smalltalk for atari-st

I am looking for a C++ or/and smalltalk
compiler for Atari-1040-st
PD will be best but I would like to hear from any
moderately priced compilers.
Are there any C++ front ends that will generate
K & R C ?

Thank in advance for any info you can provide me with.

2. Patch 4 now available

3. Smalltalk

4. Sending mail problem under my website Framework 2.0

5. Welcome to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets, this is our newsgroup FAQ v1.95

6. How to install Smalltalk 1.1

7. Illustration fonts

8. OO-GEM Proposal and Smalltalk-80 question

9. Smalltalk ??

10. Smalltalk on the Atari ?

11. Smalltalk-80 and Spectre GCR

12. Smalltalk