Info: how to add internal ide hd to Falcon 030?

Info: how to add internal ide hd to Falcon 030?

Post by Robert Andrew Bel » Mon, 31 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi, does anyone know how to add an internal ide hd to a Falcon? I have a
Conner 60 meg 2.5" hd I would like to install,I have to drive cable but am
unsure about what mounting hardware I need and where to get it from,also I
am unsure as to what jumpers need setting if any.

Rob.

Post by LANDIER Stephan » Mon, 31 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> Hi, does anyone know how to add an internal ide hd to a Falcon? I have a
> Conner 60 meg 2.5" hd I would like to install,I have to drive cable but am
> unsure about what mounting hardware I need and where to get it from,also I
> am unsure as to what jumpers need setting if any.

> Rob.

Just try to connect everything up and do a quick test.
Boot from a system disk and test if a HDrive is seen...

It worked for me, the first time

Steph

Post by Daniel Ro » Wed, 02 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> Hi, does anyone know how to add an internal ide hd to a Falcon? I have a
> Conner 60 meg 2.5" hd I would like to install,I have to drive cable but am
> unsure about what mounting hardware I need and where to get it from,also I
> am unsure as to what jumpers need setting if any.

> Rob.

Hi!

        Recently I connected a 121 Meg IDE 2.5" Conner to my Falcon. Just
plug the cable in the drive and connector, and it's working, no jumpers,
no anything else. There is a Falcon internal HD kit you can get from ATY
computers (and other distributors by sure). It includes the cable and a
stand for the driver with all the screws.
        Be sure to have the HD driver in the booting diskette to test the
drive.

Regards.

Daniel.

      University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston

Info: how to add internal ide hd to Falcon 030?

Post by Robert Andrew Bel » Thu, 03 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Thanks for the help,I have the drive installed and running great.I
installed it using a home built mount which seems quite sturdy,it certainly
boots a lot faster from the internal drive than from the external
scsi,which is great as I hated having to have a disk in the floppy drive.

Rob.

>    Recently I connected a 121 Meg IDE 2.5" Conner to my Falcon. Just
> plug the cable in the drive and connector, and it's working, no jumpers,
> no anything else. There is a Falcon internal HD kit you can get from ATY
> computers (and other distributors by sure). It includes the cable and a
> stand for the driver with all the screws.
>    Be sure to have the HD driver in the booting diskette to test the
> drive.

> Regards.

> Daniel.

>       University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston

1. Replacement for internal 2,5" IDE Drive in Falcon 030

The original built-in 60-MB 2,5" IDE-HD in my Falcon is dieing slowly,
so i want to replace it with an bigger actual drive.
But which actual drives run proper in the Atari Falcon?
Is the Falcon capable of working with an actual 20 GB-Drive? (lesser
capacaties are hardly found)
Other solutions like external SCSI-Drives are not an option for me.
Which Hard-Disc-Driver should be used? How to partition that?

Greetings, Chris.

2. Wanted : Performance specs for Fuji M2266SA

3. WTB: Internal IDE Drive for Falcon 030

4. see only the name of the element in IE5

5. Is point in regexp -- My earlier mail went astray.

6. FS: Falcon 030 stock w/85MB hd + 540MB IDE

7. COMMENT For tables

8. Falcon IDE internal HD?

9. Falcon/030 - IDE low level formatter

10. Add IDE HD

11. FA: Atari Falcon 030 - 14MB RAM/2GB HD - Last Day!

12. FS: Atari Falcon 030, 4Mb/65Mb HD (US)