Startgem, Replay

Post by Steve Stro » Thu, 26 Jul 1990 22:39:14

Hi,

Two questions:

1. Is there a version of Startgem, or some other similar program that is
compatible with the STe?

2. Can anybody give me a run down on the features of Replay 4, and tell me
what extra features Replay Pro has? And do you think that Replay Pro is
worth the extra money?

Replies by email please, the news is arriving about two weeks late here.

Thanks alot

Steve

Startgem, Replay

Post by Jeroen Scheerd » Sat, 28 Jul 1990 00:40:13

You *DON'T* need StartGem on the STe, since the STe has TOS 1.6,
which can autolaunch GEM-applications itself.

        "Talking about Math can almost be as satisfying as the real thing,
         and not half so risky."
                                cf. 'The Bluffer's Guide to Bluffing'

1. Startgem for STe

{ Sorry about posting this, but I lost the guy's e-mail address... }

  As you've no doubt guessed, 'startgem' doesn't work on the STe. However, if
you single click on the GEM prog you want autobooted, then select "Install
Application" from the menu bar, you can click on "Auto" and "GEM", then
"Install".
  The Disk will buzz into life briefly but I don't know why - I still have to
save the desktop to install it properly.
  The one drawback is that you can only install one GEM prog as
autobooting, but this is usually all you need.
  Auto folders still work, and are executed BEFORE the Installed Application,
so you can do things like setting up a ramdisk before autobooting Neodesk.
  Hope that helps - by the way, are you using TOS 1.6 or 1.62? If you are
using 1.6 do you know the Medium Res boot trick? You don't need shellfix.prg -
if you edit your desktop.inf with any text editor, there's a line about 6
lines down with about three pairs of hex digits. If you change the last one to
03 then save the file you get instant booting into medium res! (I don't use
medium res as I've got a High res monitor, so the details might be a bit
inaccurate, but I know it works so if you have any problems, mail me)
  Hope this helps, and I hope you like your new STe. Check out the Jungle Demo
(awesome scrolling) or the Fantasia demo (Great Music) and be smug with
your friends!!!

                        Jas.

2. tolower to _tolower why?

3. STARTGEM.PRG

4. FS : A1200 package

5. STARTGEM

6. right-mouse-mistake in AutoCad R14/LT 97 / rechte Maustaste reagiert nicht

7. startgem question

8. Features that I would like to see in future releases

9. Alternatives to STARTGEM wanted.

10. Corrupted STARTGEM uuencoded binary

11. STARTGEM FOR 1.4 & OLD TOS

12. 1040ste 'startgem'