looking for replay/16 cartridge

Post by Tae K » Tue, 27 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I'm looking to purchase a used replay/16 cartridge with software and
manual preferably near the San Francisco area. If you've got one you'd

Also does anyone know exactly what sample formats the software with the
cartridge is able to play back? i.e. can it play back .aiff and .wav
formats?

Thank you in advance.

Post by x.. » Tue, 27 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> I'm looking to purchase a used replay/16 cartridge with software and
> manual preferably near the San Francisco area. If you've got one you'd

I can't sell it tou you 'cause I use it every day

Quote:

> Also does anyone know exactly what sample formats the software with the
> cartridge is able to play back? i.e. can it play back .aiff and .wav
> formats?

This cartdrige is able to play at  16 bits/50 khz and every
frequencies you ould to choise but one of it problem's is its (I don't
know the word for "lenteur" in french :) ) none-speed when you want it
to aply some effects....

the formats are avr (Audia visual something, the useal formats of
microdeal) and rpl (the raw format of replay 8bits)

but you can upload five to five which is a great translator beetween
every kind of sound format (aiff, iff, avr, wav and others...)

you can find it at ftp://ftp.lip6.fr/pub/atari/sounds (or musics ?)

Quote:

> Thank you in advance.

you welcome, au revoir

Post by jim » Thu, 29 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> I'm looking to purchase a used replay/16 cartridge with software and
> manual preferably near the San Francisco area. If you've got one you'd

> Also does anyone know exactly what sample formats the software with
> the
> cartridge is able to play back? i.e. can it play back .aiff and .wav
> formats?

> Thank you in advance.

Tae ...

As far as I know these are still available new from Hisoft Systems in
the UK and are relatively inexpensive.  Contact details are available at
http://www.hisoft.co.uk (but no details of cartridge).

The bundled software includes a drum sequencer, a sample sequencer and
'editor' for recording and editing samples.  I havent used the former
much but 'editor' is actually very good with FFT analysis and a range of
excellent digital filters.  It only deals in .AVRs and .RPLs but as
another posting points out 525 is an excellent sample conversion
program.

Later,
Jim.

--
* Mr J.M.A. Harris.
* 9 Argyle Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 4QA, United Kingdom.

* Postgraduate Student of Hypermedia Studies
* (http://www.hrc.wmin.ac.uk)

* Also at this address Mr C.Hope, Mr S.Grainger and Miss S.Kpakra.