Atari Profibook ST-STE-MST(E)-TT, English edition

Atari Profibook ST-STE-MST(E)-TT, English edition

Post by <ACPS7.. » Sun, 01 Mar 1992 08:16:59

I wouls like to take this opportunity and pass on a few facts regarding
the "ATARI ST BIBLE" which with the help of all ST users around the world
might become possible.
I recently received a message from Mr. Jankowski regarding my enquiry about
an english edition of this excellent book. This book is a MUST for every
serious programmer on the ATARI ST and contains a wealth of information
on the ST,STE,MST(E),and the TT. At 1491 it contains everything you ever
wanted to know about the ATARI computers. Unfortunately this book was
translated into a few languages and english is not one of them.
The authors were not able to convience their publisher to release an
english edition thus I am posting this message and people who are
interested can write directly to the publisher and hopefully the english
edition will become a reality. The more letters will arrive at SYBEX the
more increases the chance for it to be released.
Here is the address to write to:

SYBEX, Inc.
2021 Challenger Dr. #100
Alameda, California
USA

The german edition is published by SYBEX-VERLAG Gmbh (Germany).
Thanks.
P.S.: Many thanks to Mr. Jankowski, Rabich, Reschke for taking the time
      and being very helpful.

Mark K.
Ryerson Polytechnical Institute
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

Atari Profibook ST-STE-MST(E)-TT, English edition

Post by <ON.. » Sat, 07 Mar 1992 21:15:29

says:
|stuff deleted

Quote:>an english edition of this excellent book. This book is a MUST for every
>serious programmer on the ATARI ST and contains a wealth of information
>on the ST,STE,MST(E),and the TT. At 1491 it contains everything you ever
>wanted to know about the ATARI computers. Unfortunately this book was
>translated into a few languages and english is not one of them.

Well, the only translation I know of is 2..3 years old (dutch). As far as
I know, there are no translations of the new edition. I certainly would
like to know if I am wrong (last time, Sybex Germany and the authors were
very surprised to see this dutch translation, nobody knew that...)

Quote:>The authors were not able to convience their publisher to release an
>english edition thus I am posting this message and people who are
>interested can write directly to the publisher and hopefully the english
>edition will become a reality. The more letters will arrive at SYBEX the
>more increases the chance for it to be released.

It's very simple. Translating, layouting and producing books is expensive.
Sybex US will do a translation if and only if they believe that there are
enough customers.
Julian F. Reschke, Hensenstr. 142, D-4400 Muenster, Phone: ++49 251 861241