STE external hard drive cable

Post by urbanvelve » Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:08:36

hi,
I need to replace my hard drive cable (from my STE to my Megafile 60)
as it is too short...
could anyone tell me what type of cable / connectors do I need..

is there a PC equivalent I could use?

thanks in advance...

www.urbanvelvet.co.uk

STE external hard drive cable

Post by Benoit Morrissett » Fri, 15 Aug 2003 20:20:41

Quote:>hi,
>I need to replace my hard drive cable (from my STE to my Megafile 60)
>as it is too short...
>could anyone tell me what type of cable / connectors do I need..

>is there a PC equivalent I could use?

>thanks in advance...

There is no equivalent.  If you are good with a soldering iron, you can replace
the connectors of a printer cable.
Beno?t Morrissette

STE external hard drive cable

Post by Edward S. Baiz Jr » Fri, 15 Aug 2003 22:16:19

Quote:>hi,
>I need to replace my hard drive cable (from my STE to my Megafile 60)
>as it is too short...
>could anyone tell me what type of cable / connectors do I need..

>is there a PC equivalent I could use?

>thanks in advance...

I would email Best Electronics. They should have, or at least, be
able to build you another cable. Goto their website using the site
below:

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/

--
Edward S. Baiz Jr.
    (Gamer)

HADES 060: 256meg Ram, Yamaha & Sony CDRW Drive, 1 gig
 Jaz Drive, MicroTek E3 Scanner, Mach 64 w/4meg Ram, Epson
 Photo 700 printer, PCI Networking Card, ICQ#91257633
PROGRAMS: Extendos Gold, Cab 2.8, ScanX, GlueStik, aFTP,
 Calamus SL2002, Newswatch, Okami, PlayMyCD, Papyrus 8, Smurf,
 Nova Driver 2.67, NVDI 5, Mint(Net), Magic(Net), N.AES, Geneva

1. The hard drive cable to a SCSI drive

Hi!  Does anyone have a way to make a cable to make an external SCSI drive
work with the ST?  I posted a message asking of the one for the Mac was
the same I found out it isn't, so can someone help me.

Here is my information:

1040STf (f, what does that mean anyway?)
1 meg of RAM (hopefully expanding to 4 meg soon)
720K floppy internal (standard)
360K floppy external (standard Atari)
Color & Monochrome monitors (with switcher)
No hard drive yet (that is why I need this information)

I need the kind of connectors locations, how to make the cable and other
stuff that is needed.  Also, if I got AHDI from an FTP site (I know where
to get it), and I install it, will it work then with the hard drive or
will that program only work with the MegaFile hard drives???

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.  PLEASE SEND VIA E-MAIL!!!

------
"Be kind to your web footed friends, for a duck maybe somebody's mother."
  -  Mitch Miller, song name escapes me!

2. US - NYC - Smalltalk Mentors- Expansion Opportunity

3. Wanted: External Drive Cables

4. WATTCP and FTP

5. DVIPS help

6. Mega STe External Hard Disk

7. GTE Bay Area

8. Installing external hard drive on atari 1040xt

9. FS: $79 SyQuest EZ-Flyer 230MB SCSI external removable hard drive REDUCED

10. FS: SyQuest EZ-Flyer 230MB SCSI external removable hard drive REDUCED

11. FS: ICD external hard drive. Great price!

12. Mac External hard drive w/ ST