Microdeal's Replay 16

Post by Group 1 Softwa » Sun, 11 Sep 1994 14:00:36

  I've got a Microdeal Replay 16 sampling cartridge.  It records samples
and plays them back just fine through their software and also Breakthru.
However when I try to sample using STOS sampling software, I get all
kinds of noise (sounds like really loud interference).

  Does anyone have any ideas on why this is and if I can fix this?  I had
read in ST Format (I think) that this should work.

Brian Barton

Microdeal's Replay 16

Post by J. Sulliv » Sat, 17 Sep 1994 11:15:43

Quote:>  I've got a Microdeal Replay 16 sampling cartridge.  It records samples
>and plays them back just fine through their software and also Breakthru.
>However when I try to sample using STOS sampling software, I get all
>kinds of noise (sounds like really loud interference).

>  Does anyone have any ideas on why this is and if I can fix this?  I had
>read in ST Format (I think) that this should work.

I called Microdeal soon after my cart arrived about this - they said I
should try disabling mouse event reporting on the ikbd. (The noise coming
out was like the sample plus 50-200Hz hum over the top.) I tried moving
the mouse (using my existing 68k asm routines) and the quality dies a
slow painful one, but running the routine at IPL=5 with all other MFP
interrupts disabled didn't fix the problem, so it seems I'm interrupting
at the wrong time also. (The sample DOES play cleanly through internal
DMA.)

They really ought to have included source routines for this. If anyone
has 68k assembler routines to do this, please post them, as the
cartridge is next to useless to me unless I can figure out how to do my
own I/O.

(Also, are Replay's own sample manipulations as slow as ****, or have I
just been spoilt by all the 486DX66s at uni?)

John

Microdeal's Replay 16

Post by Group 1 Softwa » Sun, 18 Sep 1994 09:27:40

>(Also, are Replay's own sample manipulations as slow as ****, or have I
>just been spoilt by all the 486DX66s at uni?)

>John

Yes, the Replay software is painfully slow...

Brian Barton

1. Replay 16 or other 16-bit sampler

Hi,

I'd like to know if the Replay 16 sampler and software work with the SM124 hires display and
if they work with STE-models?

Also, does anybody know of other 16-bit sampling options for ST-models?

If somebody has a cheap source for a Replay 16, I'd be interested.

Greetings, Jouni Alkio
.

Jouni Alkio -------AURAL EXPANSION------------------------
---------------------weird-down-to-earth-electronica------

2. Cannon Xapshot

3. Help needed for Microdeal Replay 4 software

4. Question about TN180, and location of recent Tech Note updates

5. WANTED: Microdeal ST Replay Sampler

6. Announce: Layoff Shock

7. ATARI REPLAY 16 on EBAY

8. It's Here!!