Atari800 Emulator Programmers show true colors

Atari800 Emulator Programmers show true colors

Post by Richard Heldman » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 22:03:10

I've got REAL hardware and software and rarely use the buggy emulators.

Apparently the Atari800 emulator programmers feel their programs are their property.  So stated.  So be it.

If I use their program,  I 'owe' them.  I owe them because these programs are not freely given.  Their 'free' contribution to the Atari community is nil.

I do not wish to 'owe' anyone anything.  ALL Atari800 emulators are now deleted from my system.  Their are other emulators.  I advise all atarians do the same, or better yet, use the REAL thing instead.

Richard Heldmann

Atari800 Emulator Programmers show true colors

Post by Thomas Richte » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 23:14:42

Hi,

Quote:> I've got REAL hardware and software and rarely use the buggy emulators.
> Apparently the Atari800 emulator programmers feel their programs are their property.  So stated.  So be it.
> If I use their program,  I 'owe' them.  I owe them because these programs are not freely given.  Their 'free' contribution to the Atari community is nil.
> I do not wish to 'owe' anyone anything.  ALL Atari800 emulators are now deleted from my system.  Their are other emulators.  I advise all atarians do the same, or better yet, use the REAL thing instead.

I can hardly argue against it. (-; I've two of them at home. Unfortunately, the
disk drives become a problem nowadays, and getting proper disks for them
is also getting harder. About the "buggy" part we've to talk again, though.

So long,
        Thomas

Atari800 Emulator Programmers show true colors

Post by Slor » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 01:05:57

Quote:> I can hardly argue against it. (-; I've two of them at home.
> Unfortunately, the disk drives become a problem nowadays, and getting
> proper disks for them is also getting harder. About the "buggy" part
> we've to talk again, though.

> So long,
>      Thomas

I have a nice hybrid going with a real Atari 800XL and APE for the backend
I/O, partly for the same reasons you mention.  Works great!

--
Slor

Atari800 Emulator Programmers show true colors

Post by Son of ma » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 01:42:56

Hey, don't anyone ever forget, ain't nothin' better than the real thing.

Someone mentioned that 5.25 DSDD disks are getting hard to find, well I have tons of them, and the good thing is, they are in sealed hard plastic cases of 10, so they are storage cases with very nice gold lettering "DYSAN 100% Error Free Lifetime Warranty"  I use them with a real COMMOMDORE 64 and an ATARI 800 and XEGS.

If anyone needs some just ask, you'll need to pay shipping and sothat I don't get to overflooded with requests I'll sell it for $5.00 a box + shipping.  You won't have to worry about storage cases, these kick major ass. I have about 100 boxes of them. I'm going to keep at least 50.
  I've got REAL hardware and software and rarely use the buggy emulators.

  Apparently the Atari800 emulator programmers feel their programs are their property.  So stated.  So be it.

  If I use their program,  I 'owe' them.  I owe them because these programs are not freely given.  Their 'free' contribution to the Atari community is nil.

  I do not wish to 'owe' anyone anything.  ALL Atari800 emulators are now deleted from my system.  Their are other emulators.  I advise all atarians do the same, or better yet, use the REAL thing instead.

  Richard Heldmann

Atari800 Emulator Programmers show true colors

Come to think of it, $5 for ten migh tbe steep?  I'll sell 2 boxes of 10 for $5, then add shipping. I'm quite content to keep them all too, but I'm offering them in case (pun intended) someone is having a hard time finding them.

Post by Ed Cogbur » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 18:19:58

> I've got REAL hardware and software and rarely use the buggy emulators.

> Apparently the Atari800 emulator programmers feel their programs are
> their property.  So stated.  So be it.

> If I use their program,  I 'owe' them.  I owe them because these
> programs are not freely given.  Their 'free' contribution to the Atari
> community is nil.

> I do not wish to 'owe' anyone anything.  ALL Atari800 emulators are now
> deleted from my system.  Their are other emulators.  I advise all
> atarians do the same, or better yet, use the REAL thing instead.

Atari800 Emulator Programmers show true colors

Post by Richard Heldman » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 21:39:55

Quote:> Go back to sleep troll.

Great come back.  Put a lot of time into it.  Btw, your discussion is off
topic, take it to alt.comp.sys.emulators or comp.emulators.misc.

Post by Ed Cogbur » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 07:48:16

> Great come back.  Put a lot of time into it.

LOL!!!  No more time than you put into your flame-bait!

 > Btw, your discussion is off topic, take it to alt.comp.sys.emulators
 > or comp.emulators.misc.

*MY* discussion?  If you are speaking of the "shut down for legal reasons"
thread, please note that Thomas started this here, not me.  You tell HIM to
move the thread and I'll go wherever it goes, but the thread doesn't *belong*
to me.

1. TRUE Color vs TRUE B.S.

I've got a question for all of you on the net arguing about how many colors
true color is and how many colors the eye can distinguish and what professor
Phudpucker claimed in his exciting lecture on video color planes...

   WHO CARES???

C'mon people... get a life!
---

___________________________ John "HUTCH" Hutchinson _________________________
_________________ Fair Dinkum Technologies     Member - IAAD  _______________
________________ "No worries, mate... it's from Fair Dinkum!" _______________

2. Dashboard Customisation

3. How Many Colours is true ColoUr?

4. Windows Contract Programming?

5. How fast are your True color Polygons?

6. C99 Compiler

7. True Color? (Falcon VGA)

8. Peer to peer printing

9. Apology: True Colour *IS* great for games.

10. True Color Cards

11. The Falcon DOES have true colour

12. The Falcon Does NOT have True Colour

13. C; `true' colour