Postscript to DVI filter

Post by NAME NIK ZAPANT » Tue, 02 Oct 1990 14:46:00

I need a postscript to DVI filter (or Postscript to IMPRESS). Any info on
the existence of such a program will be appreciated. The filter should run
either on an ATARI ST, or VAX/VMS system. I have Fortran,C,and Assembler for
both systems, I also have Modula-II for the ST and VMS Pascal.

Thank you in advance,

Nik Zapantis
UVIC, PHYSICS
Victoria, BC
V8W 2Y2
(604) 721-7729

Postscript to DVI filter

Post by Michael R. DeCort » Tue, 02 Oct 1990 12:59:00

  I need a postscript to DVI filter (or Postscript to IMPRESS). Any info on
  the existence of such a program will be appreciated. The filter should run
  either on an ATARI ST, or VAX/VMS system. I have Fortran,C,and Assembler for
  both systems, I also have Modula-II for the ST and VMS Pascal.

I have a dvi2ps for ms-dos that I will be porting to the ST but
it will have to wait until I have time.

Michael DeCorte

1. TeX DVI ---> PostScript, and a postscript

Hello. If you are not intersted in my question, but are interested
in the shareware Mac, read on anyway, because I talk about the latter
too.

Well, I've created my TeX .dvi file, but I've no idea how to turn it
into PostScript on my ST. Is a "dvi2ps" program available for the ST somewhere?
I've no facility whatsoever with C compilers, so sources aren't much use.
Also, I've downloaded everything in sight off the servers and can't find
a dvi to ps.  Any ideas anyone?

While I'm here, I should make a short postscript to a previous article I
posted about why I thought a shareware Mac emulator should not be pursued.
In it, I said that such a thing would hurt Dave Small, and it is not in any
ST user's interest to hurt Dave Small. Some people have interpreted this
as my saying that we don't have the "right" to make a shareware Mac emulator,
or that it would be "unethical." I'm not saying anything of the kind. I'M
SIMPLY SAYING THAT IT IS IN *OUR* *INTERESTS* NOT TO DEVELOP SUCH AN EMULATOR,
BECAUSE IT IS IN *OUR* *INTERESTS* NOT TO HURT DAVID SMALL'S BUSINESS. IT
IS, IN EFFECT, SELF-SERVING NOT TO DEVELOP THIS EMULATOR (I claim). I am not
rejecting capitalism, competition, etc. as someone implied (well, maybe I'm
saying competition wouldn't be fruitful in this case; it's not like Dave Small
could do any better than he's doing, so how will a competitor help?)

For those who say that "I'll save a lot of money [because I
won't have to buy Spectre]" please see my and
other people's postings on the subject...I think there are deeper issues
than money to be saved, and I don't even think there is much money to
be saved anyway.

Is anyone actually working on this Mac thing, and if they are would they care
to comment?

Dylan

2. Sky One Atari News

3. Tex.DVI to PostScript

4. HP9000/700/800 Memory

5. dvi previewer capable of displaying postscript fonts on atari ST

6. Help Win2Kpro and WinME

7. Text->PostScript or PostScript driver/converter wanted

8. Citizen Printiva Driver for OS/2 ?

9. Postscript (as opposed to PostScript)

10. CAB Advertising Filter

11. Okami: mailfold/filtering problems..

12. DA's Picture: Filters

13. Is possible to filter someone from usenet?