Did Atari ever release source of ST TOS?

Did Atari ever release source of ST TOS?

Post by Michael Winte » Sun, 26 Dec 1993 11:46:02

Did Atari ever release the source code to their TOS operating system for
1040 ST?  I know that they sell Falcons with an upgraded operating system.
I have the Atari 8-bit DOS listing.  Does Atari (if they haven't done it
yet, which I doubt) ever have plans to release it?  Of course, I got the
BIOS listing in the Developer's kit.....

Anybody ever hook a keyboard up to their ST without buying $100
commercial interface?  I mean, a decent keyboard, like the Mac one :-)

Thanx for any info. - Mike Winters

Did Atari ever release source of ST TOS?

Post by Bo Le » Mon, 27 Dec 1993 22:08:00

Michael Winters hacked the following on 25 Dec 93 (to All )...

 > Did Atari ever release the source code to their TOS operating system
 > for 1040 ST?

Doubt it. I've seen commented disassembled listings (at least two different
versions of TOS in the older Internals books.

 (illegible signature) Bo Leuf

Post by Jwahar R. Bam » Fri, 14 Jan 1994 02:52:57

> Michael Winters hacked the following on 25 Dec 93 (to All )...

>  > Did Atari ever release the source code to their TOS operating system
>  > for 1040 ST?

> Doubt it. I've seen commented disassembled listings (at least two different
> versions of TOS in the older Internals books.

        they did (as listings) at one time with the developers kit.
they stopped doing that a long time ago. i still refer to the listings
once in a while .....
--
cheers,
--