How to read input data with my printer driver

How to read input data with my printer driver

Post by Benoi » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:25:46

Hello,

I have make a printer driver with UNIDRV.
I have a GP file with the OEMUI.dll and the OEMUNI.dll that I have modified.
It works fine for 1 page (on Win 2000/XP). But if I want to print more than
one page, I have a problem. There's only the las t page that will be
printed. I need to wait the end printing of the first page to begin to send
the next page.
My printer is bidirectionnal, how can I use it ?
How can I ask my printer if the 1st page is printed or not ?
Must I add a port monitor or someting else to read data from my printer ?

Thanks

Benoit VRIGNAUD

How to read input data with my printer driver

Post by yichun zhan » Thu, 24 Apr 2003 04:15:03

Write a language monitor
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello,

>I have make a printer driver with UNIDRV.
>I have a GP file with the OEMUI.dll and the OEMUNI.dll

that I have modified.
Quote:>It works fine for 1 page (on Win 2000/XP). But if I want
to print more than
>one page, I have a problem. There's only the las t page
that will be
>printed. I need to wait the end printing of the first

page to begin to send
Quote:>the next page.
>My printer is bidirectionnal, how can I use it ?
>How can I ask my printer if the 1st page is printed or
not ?
>Must I add a port monitor or someting else to read data
from my printer ?

>Thanks

>Benoit VRIGNAUD

>.

How to read input data with my printer driver

Post by Ashwin [MS » Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:26:18

The pjlmon sample in the DDK is an example of a language monitor. You can
modify this to read data back from the printer.

- Ashwin

How to read input data with my printer driver

Post by Benoi » Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:45:40

Thanks to the reply, I will try it.
Benoit

Quote:> The pjlmon sample in the DDK is an example of a language monitor. You can
> modify this to read data back from the printer.

> - Ashwin

rights.

1. Printer driver: How the driver can return data to an application?

I have a problem with a printer driver developed on unidrv. I asked for
reading a data from an external device during the printing and return the
data to the WIN32 application.
About retrieve the data I have already solved but so far I did not find a
way to return it to the application.
Does anybody know if it is possible and what I have to do?
Any suggestion would be very appreciated.
Thanks,
Giacomo.

2. E-Mail Access

3. reading data from a .txt file as input

4. No Type Code in Mac-In-DOS File

5. How to read data from my printer with OEMUNI sample ?

6. 8UP! and IBM SIMMS

7. Read Timeouts setting for printer driver

8. Mgetty+Sendfax with Vgetty Extensions (FAQ)

9. Data input from a paper form scanned into computer readable data

10. Data Input Sheet - Deleting Entries - all added data deletes

11. db_load: unexpected end of input data or key/data pair

12. Printer driver: how to modify the output raster data ?

13. printer driver question: custom data to print processor