how can io-manager list equipment of the pci-bus or usb-bus

how can io-manager list equipment of the pci-bus or usb-bus

Post by vc » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 04:40:19

EveryOne:
      when i plug or pull a new equiment , who and how can find  it in
winXp?
     And  how the Io-mangaer init  it and  config  the driver for it  in
winXp?
        Thanks !
       c.b

how can io-manager list equipment of the pci-bus or usb-bus

Post by khalid sab » Wed, 27 Mar 2002 02:31:11

Hello,

Please refer to the following topics in the DDK: "Sample PnP Device
Installation" and "How Setup Selects Drivers". It'll provide with info on
the series of events that take place when you plug in a device. Also, look
at the Devcon sample in XP DDK (source under %DDK%\src\setup\devcon and
binaries under %DDK%\tools\devcon) for  sample code/app on how to search
for devices on the machine and get info about these devices.

Thanks
Khalid

Get Secure. Visit http://www.microsoft.com/security for current information
on security.

1. Intelligent ISA Bus or PCI Bus Serial Cards

Would appreciate if anyone could help me trace a suitable Intelligent
Serial Card to save us reinventing the wheel.
Ideally this ISA Bus or PCI Bus Board will have at least 4
High Serial Ports - RS232 / RS422 Configurable, up to 38,400
Baud & on board processor or microcontroller [eg, MC68302,
MC68332 or similar] for which we will write our own application.

Is there a newsgroup dedicated to PCI Bus and/or ISA Bus
products.

Thanks in advance.

Iain
______________________________________

Iain Mackenzie
Senior Development Engineer
Concept Systems Ltd
1 Logie Mill
Edinburgh
Scotland  EH7 4HG

Tel:   +44 131 557 5595
Fax:   +44 131 557 2367

______________________________________

2. +D schematics

3. PCI bus master or not bus master?

4. vi editor FAQ (Frequently Asked Question List), Part 1/2

5. How do the io-manager query the devie of pci or com ?

6. Friz Quadrata and Helvetica fonts

7. pci system management bus yellow in device manager giga-byte ga-7dxr

8. PCI-649 Bus Master Ultra DMA PCI-IDE/ATA Chip

9. seeking PCI-bus SBC

10. Planet-ISDN card for PCI-bus Macs

11. QNX4-Problems with PCI-Bus PC′s

12. PCI-bus ethernet cards.