Installing Driver programaticly on XP

Post by Brian Frankli » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 03:37:15

Is there a way that I can install my driver programaticly, instead of going
through the Add Hardware Wizard?

If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Installing Driver programaticly on XP

Post by Guru Huchur » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 04:09:49

Brian:
Install sample in the DDK shows how to install the driver programmatically.
Also I would recommend you to read the DDK documentation.

Please go through  "Chapter 6 Writing a Custom Device Installation
Application" from the Win2K DDK. It is under
Windows 2000 DDK
       Setup, Plug & Play, Power Management
              Design Guide
                  Part 4: Setup
                         6.0 Writing a Custom Device Installation
Application

Regards,
Guru
Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers
no rights.

Installing Driver programaticly on XP

Post by Jamie Hunter [MS » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 07:29:02

Quote:> Brian:
> Install sample in the DDK shows how to install the driver
programmatically.
> Also I would recommend you to read the DDK documentation.

To add, the Toaster install sample (in the XP DDK) should make a great
starting point for the various install scenarios.

See ...\src\general\toaster\toastpkg\toastpkg.htm

Jamie

1. Mustek CU Plus 1200 - Drivers won't install on Win XP Home

Hello,

I am having trouble moving my scanner (Mustek CU Plus 1200) to my new
computer which runs Windows XP Home (clean install, not an upgrade).
When I try to install the drivers for XP that I downloaded, I get the
following error:

Kunde inte k?ra det externa programmet C:\Windows\Twain_32\1200 CU
PLUS\Free_exe.exe (Couldn't run the external program
C:\Windows\Twain_32\1200 CU PLUS\Free_exe.exe).

I have tried installing both with and without the scanner plugged in,
and it makes no difference. I have also made sure that the registry
really has the program version as Windows XP, and beyond that the
support has not been able to suggest anything beyond re-downloading the
drivers (which I have down several times by now).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Linda

2. Problem finding StrRetToStr

3. How to install a function driver in XP?

4. Confused!

5. Need help installing the sample mirror driver from the XP DDK

6. Get a number from a big number SSN

7. Help!!!, How to install a test driver in windows XP

8. Time Manager the best choice?

9. CreateFile fails on XP after another intermediate driver is installed

10. How to install an USB driver without the Add Hardware Wizard in XP ?

11. Install Driver on XP with Setup application

12. How to programmatically install a printer driver on NT, 98 and XP?

13. 1394 Driver stopped printing in XP after Network Installed