Query Wireless LAN Adapter

Post by Geetha Janardhana » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 19:27:08

Hi,
 I am using DeviceIoControl API to query the status. I have two issues.

1. How can I set the values for the parameters?  (Is it as simple as
querying?)

2. I have a wireless LAN card and when I try querying for wireless LAN NDIS
objects like OID_802_11_BSSID, SSID etc, I get an error saying

 " A device attached to the system is not functioning".

The Wireless LAN card is functioning properly.

My OS is win 2k/XP.

Thanks in advance for the time and efforts,
Regards
Geetha

Query Wireless LAN Adapter

Post by Rohi » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 02:27:40

Geetha, DeviceIoControl with IOCTL_NDIS_QUERY_GLOBAL_STATS  translates to
calling QueryInformationHandler of the miniport. There is really no way you
can call SetInformationHandler using DeviceIoControl. However, you can set
the values in QueryInformationHandler also -- it simply is a function -- you
can set values in this also -- but do not expect NDIS to call
QueryInfoHandler to set values , you'll have to define private OIDs for
this....

OtherMethod might be writing a thin protocol driver that binds to your
miniport and then call NdisRequest(...) to Set Information.
In this case the user mode app will talk to this protocol driver. See Packet
sample in Win2K DDK or ndisuio sample in Win XP DDK.

Hope this helps.
Rohit

Quote:> Hi,
>  I am using DeviceIoControl API to query the status. I have two issues.

> 1. How can I set the values for the parameters?  (Is it as simple as
> querying?)

> 2. I have a wireless LAN card and when I try querying for wireless LAN
NDIS
> objects like OID_802_11_BSSID, SSID etc, I get an error saying

>  " A device attached to the system is not functioning".

> The Wireless LAN card is functioning properly.

> My OS is win 2k/XP.

> Thanks in advance for the time and efforts,
> Regards
> Geetha

Query Wireless LAN Adapter

Post by Geetha Janardhana » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:36:32

Rohit

Thanks for the ideas.

Geetha