error message 'message (outlook email message) I get the error "Microsoft project cannot open the file" when using teamstatus "update project:

error message 'message (outlook email message) I get the error "Microsoft project cannot open the file" when using teamstatus "update project:

Post by Kim Mehalk » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

When attempting to post actuals to my project file utilizing the"update
project" button on TeamStatus workgroup message (outlook email message)  I
get the error "Microsoft project cannot open the file" - the project file IS
open.  Project files uses a resource pool - I have opened the project file
with and without the resource pool with same results - error message is not
much help.

Thanks,
Kim Mehalko

1. File Opening Error Message: "File does not begin with '%PDF-'"

Thanks are offered in advance for any assistance that can be provided with
the following:

THE SITUATION:

When trying to open a *.pdf document, I'm encountering the following error
message:

 >> There was an error opening this document.  File does not begin with
'%PDF-'.

Of course, I tried renaming the file beginning with "%PDF-", but to no
avail.

THE PROBLEM:

Obviously, it is this: How do I open this *.pdf file?

THE SPECS:

** I run Windows 98 on a 600 Mhz Pentium III PC
** I use Adobe Acrobat 3.01
** I use Internet Explorer 5.0
** My printer is an HP LaserJet 4P

Thanks much,

John Burke

2. Pegasus

3. Team Updates - "Microsoft Project cannot open file"

4. British University student looking for summer employment

5. Excel5: Error message "Cannot access file"

6. Problem whit migration for NT 4 WKS for Win 2K Prof.

7. Windview 2 : "Unknown event reveived: type=8368" error message while opening log file

8. Using Notes 4.6.3 as a MAPI e-mail client

9. Error message: "The file is damaged but is being repaired" (Win95)

10. error message "the v604 engine does not support file creation ".

11. error message "the v604 engine does not support file creation".

12. VIM: "Only one file name allowed" error message

13. Cannot open Lotus file "Error reading file"