View Custom Fields with a View in a Custom Template

View Custom Fields with a View in a Custom Template

Post by Rich Kumpitsc » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 06:39:40

Is there any way to have custom fields appear within an existing view saved
in a custom MS Project Template without utilizing a macro?  Every time I add
fields to an existing view and save the template, the fields do not appear
when I reopen the template.

View Custom Fields with a View in a Custom Template

Post by Mike Gle » Thu, 29 Nov 2001 03:44:19

Hi Rich,

Have you tried creating a new view with your custom fields in it?

FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be seen at
this web address: <http://www.mvps.org/project/>

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on:-)

Mike Glen
Project MVP

Quote:> Is there any way to have custom fields appear within an existing view
saved
> in a custom MS Project Template without utilizing a macro?  Every time I
add
> fields to an existing view and save the template, the fields do not appear
> when I reopen the template.

1. Custom Cost field based on Custom Duration Field

I would like to determine cost for tasks based on a
different "Duration" field than the one that costs
automatically calculates for.  I thought I could do this
by selecting "Customize Fields" and then creating a
special formula based on the alternate durations field,
but it doesn't let me access those fields to create the
custom cost.

For Example:
Duration=10h, Duration1=5h,
Cost=$2000,   Cost1=$1000

Is there any way to do this in project?

I'm effectively trying to do an "alternate" duration/cost
evaluation.....  i.e. best-case, worse-case.....

thx. kimberly.

2. Calling to the function LogonUser()

3. Multiple custom fields, with value lists, on a single view

4. How to avoid logon errors when not connected to networrk?

5. Resource Usage View - Custom Fields no data

6. Security password lost

7. Insert/View Custom field using Automation???

8. paste text from clipboard while using on screen keyboard

9. pre-calculating "work" from inputs to custom fields in a template

10. Creating 'custom fields' and then inserting them into a diagram template

11. Problems with changing custom views with a macro?

12. Excel97 and Custom Views

13. Custom columns from on View to another