Project 2k kills Office 2k apps: FIX

Post by Mark Scot » Mon, 26 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Here is the solution which worked for me!

After project installs and the office programs disappear do this:

launch regedit and navigate to the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/
Microsoft/Office/9.0/Registration/RoductID

right click on the key value (Deafult), goto Modify and select all of the
Value data.  RIght click and click Copy

From the Software/Microsoft Folder on the left navigate to
/Windows/CurrentVersion/Uninstall and look for a folder where the
DisplayName is the same as the office version (eg Microsoft Office 2000
Premium).

Once you have found the right folder fomd the key which says ProductID and
double click it.  Right click in the value section and select paste.

Exit from regedit and try running MS Word.   The problem should now be
fixed!

Project 2k kills Office 2k apps: FIX

Post by Mark Scot » Mon, 26 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Here is the solution which worked for me!

After project installs and the office programs disappear do this:

launch regedit and navigate to the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/
Microsoft/Office/9.0/Registration/RoductID

right click on the key value (Deafult), goto Modify and select all of the
Value data.  RIght click and click Copy

From the Software/Microsoft Folder on the left navigate to
/Windows/CurrentVersion/Uninstall and look for a folder where the
DisplayName is the same as the office version (eg Microsoft Office 2000
Premium).

Once you have found the right folder fomd the key which says ProductID and
double click it.  Right click in the value section and select paste.

Exit from regedit and try running MS Word.   The problem should now be
fixed!

Project 2k kills Office 2k apps: FIX

Post by Robert G. Smit » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I found similar (little more detailed) instructions from Microsoft.    See
Knowledgebase article Q255503 at http://support.microsoft.com

Quote:> Here is the solution which worked for me!