read MS Project 97 files without the original Project 97

read MS Project 97 files without the original Project 97

Post by john.. » Wed, 29 May 2002 06:52:56

Help.

I could not open the files from four years agao, which were created
probably with MS Project 97.  Now I have the 2000 version of MS
Project and no long have any old versions of the program.

Is there is any way to open these files without having to go back to
the older verison of MS Project?

In generatl, I have relatively good experience with Microsoft, but
from time to time, Microsoft really gets on my nerves.

Thnak you in advance.

read MS Project 97 files without the original Project 97

Post by Mike Gle » Wed, 29 May 2002 07:01:56

Hi John,

Welcome to the Microsoft Project newsgroup :-)

No - please see FAQ Item: 27. Project 4 to Project 2000

FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be seen at
this web address: http://www.mvps.org/project/

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on:-)

Mike Glen
Project MVP

Quote:> Help.

> I could not open the files from four years agao, which were created
> probably with MS Project 97.  Now I have the 2000 version of MS
> Project and no long have any old versions of the program.

> Is there is any way to open these files without having to go back to
> the older verison of MS Project?

> In generatl, I have relatively good experience with Microsoft, but
> from time to time, Microsoft really gets on my nerves.

> Thnak you in advance.

1. Opening Project 97 documents in Project 2000

A little difficult to help you since Project 97 never existed.
If you mean Project 95, try to get a copy of Project 98, save your 95
projects as lmpx, P98 can handle that, and P2000 can open P98 files.
And if you have P98, tehre should not be any problem.
HTH
--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional

2. The Gray Council 1.2.1 - grayscale appearance

3. Project 95 (or 97) to Project 2000 conversion

4. HP 2100xi memory question

5. Ms Project 2000 and Access 97

6. Only once confusion

7. VO 2.5a-1 and Excell 97 (MS Office 97)

8. Loss of total network connection (IRIX 4.0.5F)

9. Convert Team Manager 97 files to Project 2000?

10. How to read Lotus '97 (*.123) workbook in Excel '97

11. Converting from MS Project 2000 files to MS Project 98 file format

12. Call For Participation/Exhibition; PDPTA'97/CISST'97 Conf., Las Vegas, June 30, 97