Integration of Project 2K with MS Office 2K Apps

Integration of Project 2K with MS Office 2K Apps

Post by Jamie Longmir » Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:52:29

Is there a way of importing an MS Project file, in its entirety to another
application (MS Word) so that the entire project and Gantt chart are
visible.

I have tried to do an Insert > Object into the Word doc but I cannot display
the full project.

Can anyone help?

Regards,
Jamie

Integration of Project 2K with MS Office 2K Apps

Post by Bonnie B » Thu, 23 Aug 2001 00:04:32

Jamie,

You can copy and paste:

Select the rows in MSP you want to copy. Make sure the
Gantt chart is displaying on the right side of your
screen. Go to Edit, Copy Picture. In the text box that
appears, make the appropriate selections and click OK. Go
to MSWord and paste.

Hope this helps,

Bonnie

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Is there a way of importing an MS Project file, in its
entirety to another
>application (MS Word) so that the entire project and
Gantt chart are
>visible.

>I have tried to do an Insert > Object into the Word doc

but I cannot display
Quote:>the full project.

>Can anyone help?

>Regards,
>Jamie

>.

Integration of Project 2K with MS Office 2K Apps

Post by Jamie Longmir » Thu, 23 Aug 2001 11:14:14

Bonnie,

Thanks for your prompt response. I have just tried this feature and it
worked - Thank you.

I did find a limitation in this though.
The size of the image is limited to what is displayed on the screen unless I
am missing something.

I have quite a large project spanning multiple months that I want to display
in a presentation to a Board of Directors. I wonder if there is a way of
capturing the image of the whole project in one file?

Quote:> Jamie,

> You can copy and paste:

> Select the rows in MSP you want to copy. Make sure the
> Gantt chart is displaying on the right side of your
> screen. Go to Edit, Copy Picture. In the text box that
> appears, make the appropriate selections and click OK. Go
> to MSWord and paste.

> Hope this helps,

> Bonnie

Post by Sheri Youn » Fri, 24 Aug 2001 11:13:31

Jamie,

Try using the Copy Picture tool on the toolbar (looks like a camera).  Using
that, you can create a GIF file that can be inserted into other Office apps
like Word or PowerPoint.

Another thing we sometimes do for such situations is to create a PDF file.
If you have Adobe Acrobat software (the full suite, not just the Acrobat
Reader), you can use the PDFWriter utility to "print" your Project to a PDF
file.

Hope that helps.
Sheri

--
Sheri Young
Microsoft Project MVP

Quote:> Is there a way of importing an MS Project file, in its entirety to another
> application (MS Word) so that the entire project and Gantt chart are
> visible.

> I have tried to do an Insert > Object into the Word doc but I cannot
display
> the full project.

> Can anyone help?

> Regards,
> Jamie

Integration of Project 2K with MS Office 2K Apps

Post by Jack D » Sat, 25 Aug 2001 01:29:26

Also if you don't have Acrobat writer you might check out FreePDF (search
for it on the web). It is supposed to do a decent job of creating PDF's and
is free.

--
Please try to keep replies in this group. I do check e-mail, but only
infrequently.

-Jack Dahlgren, Project MVP

+++++++++++++++++++

> Jamie,

> Try using the Copy Picture tool on the toolbar (looks like a camera).
Using
> that, you can create a GIF file that can be inserted into other Office
apps
> like Word or PowerPoint.

> Another thing we sometimes do for such situations is to create a PDF file.
> If you have Adobe Acrobat software (the full suite, not just the Acrobat
> Reader), you can use the PDFWriter utility to "print" your Project to a
PDF
> file.

> Hope that helps.
> Sheri

> --
> Sheri Young
> Microsoft Project MVP

> > Is there a way of importing an MS Project file, in its entirety to
another
> > application (MS Word) so that the entire project and Gantt chart are
> > visible.

> > I have tried to do an Insert > Object into the Word doc but I cannot
> display
> > the full project.

> > Can anyone help?

> > Regards,
> > Jamie

1. Project 2k kills Office 2k apps: FIX

Here is the solution which worked for me!

After project installs and the office programs disappear do this:

launch regedit and navigate to the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/
Microsoft/Office/9.0/Registration/RoductID

right click on the key value (Deafult), goto Modify and select all of the
Value data.  RIght click and click Copy

From the Software/Microsoft Folder on the left navigate to
/Windows/CurrentVersion/Uninstall and look for a folder where the
DisplayName is the same as the office version (eg Microsoft Office 2000
Premium).

Once you have found the right folder fomd the key which says ProductID and
double click it.  Right click in the value section and select paste.

Exit from regedit and try running MS Word.   The problem should now be
fixed!

2. Document Tracking problem

3. Differences between 2K-Pro, 2K-Server and 2K-Adv Server

4. Selective preventing relaying through smtp

5. Visio 2K on an Office 2K and XP machine

6. quickie; dos6.22 or dos 6.20 ?

7. Office 2000 apps crash after Proj 2k installation

8. Virtual Server vs Subweb ??

9. Excel-like feature in MS Project 2k

10. Is MS Project 2k relevant to this type of situation?

11. MS Project 2k Data Question

12. Problems Installing MS Project 2k Eval

13. Porting from XP to 2k, ZwOpenFile/ZwCreatFile causes REBOOT on 2k :( HELP ME!