Actual work and finished duration (actual work x planned work)

Actual work and finished duration (actual work x planned work)

Post by Carlo » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 12:05:36

Hi, friends.

I have a project with a lot of tasks that, unfortunately, are executed in a
order different from id's. The problem is that, because of this, I dont
know how is the status of the project, i.e., the project statistics shows me
that the project is 65% finished and % of work is 61%.

I think % of work is different of % duration, isn't it?

There are tasks in the beginning of the project that are finished; there are
tasks in dates before today not started; but there are many tasks originally
in the future already started and finished.

So, today, I dont know how I am....

How can I know if I am late or if I am ok with the status of project? If the
tasks would started in my planned order, no problem, but how they happens
differently and I have ancient tasks not started and future tasks already
finished I'm lost.

Is there a way to compare the total of planned work with the actual work or
the current work?

Thanks for all,

Carlos

PS: Forgive me for my poor English

1. Actual Work in Project vs Actual Work in Central

We are trying to implement MS Project 2000 and Project Central for the
sole purpose of tracking actual time spent on projects. We opened a
project using ODBC and tried to change the duration of tasks from 1h
to 1000 hr. (Effort-driven is turned off on everything). Problem 1)
Ran into problems with Team Update because we have more than 250
characters in the To: line.
Problem 2) We manipulating values in a random manner in % Complete
fields in Task Information (Gantt Chart View) and now Actual Work
looks wrong in Resource Usage view. In fact, the Actual Work displayed
in the right hand pane (including values out in the future which I
know have not been posted by the user in Central) is different from
the Actual Work in the second column on the left hand pane . Neither
panes match the Actual Work in Project Central - thank goodness - that
appears to be right, at the moment! For our purposes, we only want to
track Actual Work hours as posted in Central. Will anything we've done
in Project affect the Actual Work data in Central or have we ruined
everything (including data in Central) related to this project?

2. How do I programmatically add Controls and Event handlers to a Web Form?

3. Updating tasks with Actual work and Actual finish dates

4. is there a compatibility issue?

5. Tracking Actual Work Without Recalculating Work, Effort, Duration etc - How?

6. Ancestor-attribute values

7. Turn off relations between Work, Actual Work, Remaining Work etc

8. why warning message

9. Task marked complete when actual work >= to est work

10. Tracking work estimates vs actual work

11. How to best track work estimates versus actual work required to complete tasks?

12. Urgent help asked: Unlink actual work with % (work) complete

13. retrieve the remaining work and actual work for each day from timephased table