"% complete" in Resource view not updating "Percent Complete" in Gantt View

"% complete" in Resource view not updating "Percent Complete" in Gantt View

Post by John DeJuli » Tue, 10 Oct 2000 04:00:00

When I entered actual work hours for a task in the resource view and mark
the "% complete" as 100 % the "Percent Complete" in the Gantt View does not
get updated.  Does anyone know why?  I am concerned other fields may be
doing the same thing which will reflect incorrect project information.

Thanks,

John

"% complete" in Resource view not updating "Percent Complete" in Gantt View

Post by Mike Gle » Thu, 12 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi John,

By default the Gantt chart shows the schedule % complete not the % work
(change this through Format/Bar Styles). You might also ensure that
Tools/Options/Calculation tab: Updating task status updates resource status,
is checked on.

--
Hope this helps, please let us know how you get on  :-)

For Companion Products and Project FAQ visit the MVP site
www.mvps.org/project/
Mike Glen
MS Project MVP

Quote:

> When I entered actual work hours for a task in the resource view and mark
> the "% complete" as 100 % the "Percent Complete" in the Gantt View does
not
> get updated.  Does anyone know why?  I am concerned other fields may be
> doing the same thing which will reflect incorrect project information.

> Thanks,

> John

1. Can I View "%Complete" Gantt chart - NOT time-based?

My question is about finding the view I want, or creating
it if it doesn't exist.

Rather than look at a time-based Gantt chart, I would like
to view a list of my tasks, milestones etc..., only rather
than Gantt time-bars, I would like to see a 0%-->100%
complete bar for each, with indicators showing where each
one is.

My goal is to have a series of equal length 0 to 100%
bars on the graph, with some kind of mark indicating
actual progress.
When I display progress complete in a Gantt chart, the
bars are still scaled to the relative duration of each
task.

I DO NOT WANT this view to reflect the varying scales of
each task from a time perspective.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Greg.

(NOTE: it was suggested to me that I create a Gantt view
of % complete and zoom out with a large timescale as a
workaround.  I would prefer to find a way to actually do
what I'm after if anyone knows how.  Thanks again.)

2. BBS Packages for the ST?

4. RPC Mouse

5. K7s5a """"ich krieg die KRIESE"""""

6. window.navigate in .NET

7. 100 percent, but not "completed"?

8. quick-n-easy way to convert "open file" to "go to view"?

9. Can "View manager" make views for print labels?

10. To "MVP", "Sindar", or "Brett" :Problems with a menu

11. "paralell" port vs. "usb" vs. "serial"?

12. Abbreviate "hrs" to "h", "days" to "d"