Filtering work for next 2 weeks & old incomplete work.

Filtering work for next 2 weeks & old incomplete work.

Post by Tin Cu » Sat, 14 Sep 2002 22:23:12

Hi All:

Can I automate a filter function such that I can filter for task in a date
range from start of project to 2 weeks from now.  I use the filter "Date
range" and then  go to % work completed field and picked not equals 100%. Is
there a better way to do this?
--
Thanks
Tin

Filtering work for next 2 weeks & old incomplete work.

Post by Joe Herk » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 05:57:18

The following provide 3 indicators for tasks less than
100% complete: late, due (5 days), and future.  Try
changing the 2401 to 4801 (5 day to 10 days).  Then write
a filter for "Due".

Hope this helps, good luck.

-----
The following should help if you are trying to highlight
late tasks, and tasks due in the next 5 days.  It provides
a graphical indicator to a text column that you add to one
of your views.

Pseudo Code

If %complete = 100,
   Then "Complete"
   Else If [finish] < [current date]
      Then "Late"
      Else If (today + 5days) >= [Finish]
              Then "Due"
              Else "Future"
           End If
    End If
End If

Add a Text data field to one of your views, and then use
Customize Fields (right click on the text column header).

Custom Attributes formula, also select use formula for
summary tasks

Add the formula

IIf([% Complete]=100,"Complete",IIf([Finish]<[Current
Date],"Late",IIf(ProjDateAdd([Current Date],2401)>=
[Finish],"Due","Future")))

Graphical Indicators

non summary rows (also for summary rows - uncheck inherit
from nonsummary rows)

equals late, red circle
equals due, yellow diamond
equals future, green box <can leave blank>
equals complete, green flag <can leave blank>

The ProjDateAdd function provides the date 5 days in the
future.  The value 2401 is ((8hr/day)*(60 min/hr)*(5 days)
+ 1min)

Quote:>-----Original Message-----