Project 2000 - Gantt View (Std Rate)

Post by BAS » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 05:24:55

How do I add a column in the Gantt View that shows the std
rate of a resource.  Std Rate is not in the field list.
Want to show labor hours, labor rate, and total (can get
hours and total but not the rate).  Each row in my Gantt
view is one labor resource.

Project 2000 - Gantt View (Std Rate)

Post by Mike Gle » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 06:49:15

Hi BAS,

Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-)

Std Rate field applies to resources, so it can only be inserted into a
Resource view - sorry :-(  Try the Resource Usage view.

FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be seen at
this web address: http://www.mvps.org/project/

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on:-)

Mike Glen
Project MVP

Quote:> How do I add a column in the Gantt View that shows the std
> rate of a resource.  Std Rate is not in the field list.
> Want to show labor hours, labor rate, and total (can get
> hours and total but not the rate).  Each row in my Gantt
> view is one labor resource.

Project 2000 - Gantt View (Std Rate)

Post by Carlos Sae » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 07:36:47

Well, you always can divide the cost by the work and get the labor rate...
Regards,

Quote:> How do I add a column in the Gantt View that shows the std
> rate of a resource.  Std Rate is not in the field list.
> Want to show labor hours, labor rate, and total (can get
> hours and total but not the rate).  Each row in my Gantt
> view is one labor resource.

Project 2000 - Gantt View (Std Rate)

Post by Steve » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:35:52

I'm confused - each Gantt chart row is a *resource*???  What happened to
tasks?

Quote:> How do I add a column in the Gantt View that shows the std
> rate of a resource.  Std Rate is not in the field list.
> Want to show labor hours, labor rate, and total (can get
> hours and total but not the rate).  Each row in my Gantt
> view is one labor resource.

Project 2000 - Gantt View (Std Rate)

Post by Ed Kilne » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 02:19:07

If you have just one resource per task, you might well have been taking my
advice. However, MS lets you have more than one resource per task and if
they included the rate as a field, they would have to show the resource name
and its potentially unique rate for each of the multiple resources assigned.
This could get ugly.

I'm just supposing about all this...I didn't design MSP.

There are other similar fields that don't appear. Sometimes I sure wish they
did...

--
Ed Kilner, P.Eng., PMP

Project Solutions Unlimited www.psu.ca