telnetd

Post by Derrick J. Brashe » Thu, 30 Mar 1995 00:59:23

Hi,

Lately we noticed that the Kerberized telnetd we're running (it's
essentially the same one as what's still "shipped" with Kerberos 5,
but we're only using the Kerberos 4 support) was losing randomly
on our DECstations; I traced it back to the close(pty) at the end of the
getptyslave function getting a SIGHUP. Has anyone seen this before? For
the life of me I can't figure out why it's happening...

Thanks
-D

telnetd

Post by Derrick J. Brashea » Thu, 30 Mar 1995 06:53:03

Excerpts from netnews.comp.protocols.kerberos: 28-Mar-95 telnetd by

Quote:> Lately we noticed that the Kerberized telnetd we're running (it's
> essentially the same one as what's still "shipped" with Kerberos 5,
> but we're only using the Kerberos 4 support) was losing randomly
> on our DECstations; I traced it back to the close(pty) at the end of the
> getptyslave function getting a SIGHUP. Has anyone seen this before? For
> the life of me I can't figure out why it's happening...

Disregard what I said... The problem turned out to be in the telnet()
function, and I was on the wrong track altogether.

-D

1. telnetd: No authentication provided.

Hi dear All

I've been trying to configure kerberos on our Solaris8 subnet...
I keep geting the same error when I try telneting to the server.

* * *
{ironman}-48->telnet caesar
Trying 138.23.174.99...
Connected to caesar.cs.ucr.edu (138.23.174.99).
Escape character is '^]'.
telnetd: No authentication provided.
Connection closed by foreign host.
{ironman}-49->
* * *

the server has the following principals besides admins

(elias is me)
I added them all in a keytab file.
On client I'm able to get a ticket by  kinit
But when I say  klist -f   I get

{ironman}-49->klist -f
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_1043

Valid starting     Expires            Service principal

        Flags: I

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt1043
klist: You have no tickets cached
{ironman}-50->

Could anybody please suggest me what should I do in order to be able to
telnet ?

Thanks a lot

Ilya Grishashvili
Computer Systems Group
Ph.D. CS Department
Marlan & Rosemary Bourns College of Engineering
University of California, Riverside
Office: Bourns Hall B246
Phone:  (909) 787-2893

Web:    http://mirage.cs.ucr.edu/~elias/

2. Water resistant ink for Hp inkjetprinters

3. MIT 5 1.1.1 host in a Windows 2000 Relm - problem with telnetd

4. DRP - Disaster Recovery Plan

5. replaced telnetd and login don't work

6. hexenkueche

7. Are the MIT daemons (telnetd etc) PAM aware ?

8. WinCE editor...?

9. MIT krb5-telnetd

10. telnetd

11. symbol table corrupted by telnetd?