Another problem going from krb5-1.0.6 to krb5-1.1.1

Another problem going from krb5-1.0.6 to krb5-1.1.1

Post by Ken Raebur » Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Your kdc.conf file probably doesn't have some of the required entries
in [realms] -> OUR.REALM.COM.  Check it against the examples in the
documentation; if filling in missing fields doesn't fix the problem,
let us know what your kdc.conf does look like.  ("Profile" refers to
the config file overall, not an entry named "profile".)

> This seems like it'd be simply a kdc.conf issue, but modifying
> kdc.conf doesn't seem to help.

> In bringing up krb5-1.1.1 on one of our KDCs, krb5kdc won't
> start, error is:

> krb5kdc: cannot initialize realm OUR.REALM.COM

> and in the krb5kdc.log file are messages:

> krb5kdc: Profile relation not found - while reading realm parameters
> krb5kdc: Profile relation not found - while reading realm parameters
> krb5kdc: Profile relation not found - while reading realm parameters

> each time I try to start it. Looking at the docs I found we didn't
> have a profile entry in kdc.conf, so added:

>                 profile = /etc/krb5.conf

> in the [realms] clause, but that doesn't seem to help. Can anyone
> suggest anything else?

> Regards,
> --
> Judith Reed

> (315) 453-2912 x5835

1. Another problem going from krb5-1.0.6 to krb5-1.1.1

[...]

2. ASUS s340 CDROM drive slows considerably??

3. krb5 v1.0.6/v1.1.1 interaction problems

4. CDrom driver doesnt load on cold boot

5. Pb with kinit on Solaris 5.8 with krb5-1.0.6

6. Help: PC SCSI Controller Recommendation for JAZ

7. upgrading from krb5-1.0b6 to krb5-1.2.5

8. Ftp Security Bug. krb5-1.1.1

9. 64 bit Solaris and krb5-1.1.1

10. Krb5-1.1.1 error message

11. New cygwin patches for krb5-1.3-alpha2 and krb5-current (snapshot)