Kerberos API's in general

Post by Darren Jacob » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:19:29

Hi All,

I'm using the RedHat RPM Kerberos package 1.2.7-14 and I have been
making a stab at writing something to slot username and passwords from a
web interface into the KDC.

I initially started out with intentions of using Perl with the
Authen::Krb5 and Authen::Krb5::Admin modules.  But Authen::Krb5::Admin
would never pass its make test.  If I forced a make install some
function calls would work, but most would not (specifically that add and
  change password methods would not work).

Then I tried a different track and went off to install the GSSAPI perl
module when during the make, gcc complains about not being able to find
"gssapi/gssapi_generic.h" or "gssapi/gssapi_krb5.h".  I also took a stab
at using the MIT Kerberos C API which also whinned about not being able
to find gssapi.

Can some kind soul point me to where I can get my hands on a/the C
gssapi library that will work with MIT Kerberos?

Darren.....

1. KERBEROS API / OSF DCE Security API / DEC GSSAPI - RFI

I have a DEC (John Linn) document (Sept 1990) which describes a proposed
Generic Security API for Kerberos & SPX.  It references people involved
in OSF.  I assume that the OSF DCE Security Service has defined an API.

My question is, is OSF's DCE Security service API based upon, or derived
from the DEC GSSAPI?  If so, is it promoted as being some form of standard
network security API?  If so, in what forums and where can I get further
information?

Please Email any response as news takes too long to trickle down here.

Thanks in advance,

Paul Bandler
ACUS - Australian Centre for Unisys Software

2. CodeWarrior project template for making an Assistant?

3. KERBEROS API / OSF DCE Security API / DEC GSSAPI - RFI (Erratum)

4. Netware 4.1 utility opposite of UIMPORT

5. How to test if TGT has expired by using Kerberos API's?

6. HELLP!! HOW TO GET *.MEX FILE WITH CMEX COMMAND? - ask.txt [1/1]

7. Let's make some decisions re Kerberos 4 credential cache API

8. Form fields and plug-ins API

9. [GENERAL] Regular Expression for 'and' instead of 'or'

10. Acrobat document security and plug-ins in general

11. Prblm: Preferences->General->Certified plug-ins only checkbox is disabled.

12. Relationship between MIT's Kerberos 4 and the Kerberos in AFS 3