re-running the module configuration script

re-running the module configuration script

Post by Scott Wahlstr » Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:18:32

Upon running

#nada> perl -MCPAN -e shell

a configuration file was changed...whats the name of this file?

ThanX

re-running the module configuration script

Post by Wiggins D'Ancon » Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:58:54

~/.cpan/CPAN/MyConfig.pm??

Should be a backup named "MyConfig.pm~" if you need it.

http://danconia.org

Post by Steve Grazzi » Tue, 30 Jul 2002 05:25:29

> Upon running

> #nada> perl -MCPAN -e shell

> a configuration file was changed...whats the name of this file?

  ~/.cpan/CPAN/MyConfig.pm

But if you run it as root (tsk) the system-wide one gets changed:

  #!/usr/bin/perl -l
  # whence the CPAN config files?

  require CPAN;
  CPAN::Config->load;

  print 'config files for user: ' . getpwuid $>;

  print 'system: ', $INC{'CPAN/Config.pm'};
  print 'user:   ', $INC{'CPAN/MyConfig.pm'} || '[none]';

--
Steve

perldoc -qa.j | perl -lpe '($_)=m("(.*)")'

1. re-running a method that is loaded.

Hi,
    Say I load my object file : object.o.  Using lkAddr, i can find the
address locations of the methods in that file.  Is there a way to execute a
particular method by using the address?  I do NOT want to call the method by
its name, rather by its location.  Is this possible?  I've looked all over
but have not been able to find it.

Thanks.

2. <font face="Arial" size=2>???

3. ntddk packet sample: re-running problem & packet analisys

4. pine 3.9

5. CO, Boulder; Software Configuration Engineer; configuration, porting, release, shell scripting, C, C++, UNIX, WINNT

6. Marble Madness

7. cgi script that takes in data then runs script on different host

8. Run proces i the background from a running perl script.

9. Configuration Control of Test Scripts Using VSS