FAQ ???- Wrong ELF Class...

Post by Ilya Ster » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 05:10:23

Is this in the FAQ?  If not, David, can you please add it:-)

Thanks a bunch.

Ilya

-----Original Message-----
From: Crown David T. (DNREC)

Sent: 10/14/02 1:15 PM
Subject: RE: Wrong ELF Class when running make for  DBD-Oracle-1.12 module

This is because your attempting to build in a 32 bit Perl against a
64bit oracle install. Here's the solution form Stephen Clouse:

"The best solution is to edit the Makefile generated by Makefile.PL and
change all references to ORACLE_HOME/lib to ORACLE_HOME/lib32.  This
will get it to use the 32-bit Oracle libraries instead."

David Crown, MCSE, MCP+I, CCNA
Information Resources Management
State of Delaware,
Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control