Programmatically setting security on folders.

Programmatically setting security on folders.

Post by Roger Restru » Sat, 20 Apr 2002 19:07:50

What i need to do is ALLOW a couple of persons access to a folder.

There are many users, and from time to time only a couple of users are
allowed to
view/edit a number of documents. So instead of denying a couple of thousand
access to the
documents i want to create a subfolder that allows the users in question to
see the documents in the folder.

Can i change the DACL's on subfolder? Can this be done programmatically?

Programmatically setting security on folders.

Post by Tom Rizzo [MS » Sun, 21 Apr 2002 00:34:35

Yes.  Look at the security module in the Exchange SDK or I believe SPS has
this support directly in PKMCDO.  Look at the KnowledgeFolder object in the
SPS SDK.  There should be an Authors, Readers, Coordinators, properties on
this object.

Tom

--
Looking for a good book on ADSI, Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2000 development?
If so, check out:

Quote:> What i need to do is ALLOW a couple of persons access to a folder.

> There are many users, and from time to time only a couple of users are
> allowed to
> view/edit a number of documents. So instead of denying a couple of
thousand
> access to the
> documents i want to create a subfolder that allows the users in question
> see the documents in the folder.

> Can i change the DACL's on subfolder? Can this be done programmatically?

Programmatically setting security on folders.

Post by Michael Ekegre » Tue, 23 Apr 2002 21:09:46

Yes it's true - BUT why can I set a split'ed string equal to any of these
properties from VB6?

Using the PKMCDO.KnowledgeFolder object:

dim oFolder
oFolder = new PKMCDO.KnowledgeFolder
oFolder.datasource.open strUrl, ,3,3
arrOfUsers = split("domain\user1,domain\user2,domain\user3",",")
oFolder.coordinators = arrOfUsers
oFolder.fields.update
oFolder.datasource.save

??? What should be wrong with this snippet...?

Kind regards
Michael Ekegren

> Yes.  Look at the security module in the Exchange SDK or I believe SPS has
> this support directly in PKMCDO.  Look at the KnowledgeFolder object in the
> SPS SDK.  There should be an Authors, Readers, Coordinators, properties on
> this object.

> Tom

> --
> Looking for a good book on ADSI, Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2000 development?
> If so, check out:
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735610193/
> You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.

> > What i need to do is ALLOW a couple of persons access to a folder.

> > There are many users, and from time to time only a couple of users are
> > allowed to
> > view/edit a number of documents. So instead of denying a couple of
> thousand
> > access to the
> > documents i want to create a subfolder that allows the users in question
> > see the documents in the folder.

> > Can i change the DACL's on subfolder? Can this be done programmatically?

Programmatically setting security on folders.

Post by Roge » Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:56:00

Thank you for your replies.

Couldn't understand why it didn't work from the beginning.
Turned out someone (hmmm, could be me) kindly put me in
the local administrators group on the server ;)