Limit Documents Displayed in Document Library

Limit Documents Displayed in Document Library

Post by Wstoke » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 03:42:53

I'm just wondering is there anyone out there who knows how
to limit the number of documents being displayed on the
document library?

When my users need to submit a document, they have to
navigate to the folder
from the dashboad site.  But the documents for the
required folder will all
be displayed.  It takes a long time to load the page when
the folder is very
large.  I do not need my users to view all the documents
inside the folder
before submitting their own content.  I just need them to
navigate the
folders and submit their document to their desired folder.

Is there a way to just have it show documents in groups of
20...with the ability to click next or previous?

Thanks in advance,
Wes

Limit Documents Displayed in Document Library

Post by James Edelen [MVP » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 10:08:22

I don't believe you can do this, but this is why Microsoft doesn't recommend
storing more than 200 documents in a singe folder in SPS.

--
James Edelen
Microsoft MVP - SharePoint Portal Server

Quote:> I'm just wondering is there anyone out there who knows how
> to limit the number of documents being displayed on the
> document library?

> When my users need to submit a document, they have to
> navigate to the folder
> from the dashboad site.  But the documents for the
> required folder will all
> be displayed.  It takes a long time to load the page when
> the folder is very
> large.  I do not need my users to view all the documents
> inside the folder
> before submitting their own content.  I just need them to
> navigate the
> folders and submit their document to their desired folder.

> Is there a way to just have it show documents in groups of
> 20...with the ability to click next or previous?

> Thanks in advance,
> Wes

1. Display Document Properties in Document Library Dashboard

I am trying to display custom properties on the document
library dashboard so the user does not need to roll off to
the show actions page to see specific properties.

I have managed to update the XML to reference the
properties and show labels for those properties.
Does anyone know what I need to do to return these
properties to the document library so these XML references
will have data?

Thanks for you help.

2. nCHK

3. Integrate STS Document Library and SPS Document Library

4. Memorex scanners?

5. Appearance of Documents in Document Library

6. External cable for SCSI-3

7. How to get document library's document publisher?

8. Comp USA cable modem for $170 no rebate looks like a good deal.

9. separate document libraries all sharing same documents

10. Link documents between document libraries?

11. How to get the access rate for the specific document in SPS's Document library?

12. Document Libraries - Only Allow users to change/edit their documents

13. If a document is deleted from a Document Library