Security Setting for Application on Public Folder

Security Setting for Application on Public Folder

Post by steve chi » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:18:55

Is anyone know how to set the security into the folder under
Public/Application ? the application basically is a folder with appoinment
item. I would like to control the access right. Please tell me how can i do
this?

http://personal-x8ogh0/Public/Applications/Calender/

Security Setting for Application on Public Folder

Post by Steven Collie » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 07:59:52

You have to set the security using the IFS drive on the server, map the m:
drive as described here http://www.spsfaq.com/general.asp?postid=19 and then
navigate it on the server and set permissions on the folder. (Only use this
for folders under the /applications folder, never for folders in the
workspace).

Steven Collier

Quote:> Is anyone know how to set the security into the folder under
> Public/Application ? the application basically is a folder with appoinment
> item. I would like to control the access right. Please tell me how can i
do
> this?

> http://personal-x8ogh0/Public/Applications/Calender/

Security Setting for Application on Public Folder

Post by Jan R. Cirpk » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:28:21

Please, don't use this approach as a general rule. Instead take a look at
the XML Security descriptor. I thiunk that there are even some examples out
in the Exchange SDK.

Jan Cirpka
Compaq Global Services