Is it possible to change the ContentLink property for a web part from another web part?

Is it possible to change the ContentLink property for a web part from another web part?

Post by news.business.ntl.co » Fri, 07 Jun 2002 00:40:51

Hello,

I have created 2 web parts that communicate with each other using the
RaiseEvent and RegisterForEvent notification service of the Digital
Dashboard Services Component.  What happens is that when a button on the
first web part is clicked the second web part displays a web page.  The way
I have got the second web part to display the page is to set a URL for it's
ContentLink property, save the web part and refresh the page.  Now, when you
click on a different button in the first web part nothing happens.  I
understand that this is happening because the second web part now has a
valid ContentLink property so it never looks to the embedded content which
would register it for the event that fires the change.

Has anyone come across this problem before or would anyone know how I could
work around this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David.

Is it possible to change the ContentLink property for a web part from another web part?

Post by Steven Collie » Fri, 07 Jun 2002 08:02:01

Try this instead :-

Function init_WPQ_(){
    DDSC.RegisterForEvent("_PartNamespace_", "urlSelected", BrowseTo_WPQ_);

Quote:}

Function BrowseTo_WPQ_(strURL){
    WebPart_WPQ_.innerHTML = "<iframe width=100% height=100% src=" + strURL
+ "></IFRAME>"

Quote:}

or something like that....

Quote:> Hello,

> I have created 2 web parts that communicate with each other using the
> RaiseEvent and RegisterForEvent notification service of the Digital
> Dashboard Services Component.  What happens is that when a button on the
> first web part is clicked the second web part displays a web page.  The
way
> I have got the second web part to display the page is to set a URL for
it's
> ContentLink property, save the web part and refresh the page.  Now, when
you
> click on a different button in the first web part nothing happens.  I
> understand that this is happening because the second web part now has a
> valid ContentLink property so it never looks to the embedded content which
> would register it for the event that fires the change.

> Has anyone come across this problem before or would anyone know how I
could
> work around this?

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> David.

1. Changing URL of web part from another web part

Hello,
How can I change the URL of a web part from another web
part. Here is the example. Web part 1 has two radio
buttons (say CNN, Yahoo) and a button. When the user
selects CNN and clicks on the button, I want to show the
content from cnn.com in web part 2. Then if the user
selects Yahoo and clicks on the button on web part 1, I
want to show the content from yahoo.com in web part.

Thanks for the help.

Sree

2. Win2K Srv PDC/BDC

3. Web Part Interact w/other Web Part

4. WTS Sun E220R Unused in orignal Packaging

5. Multiple Web Part Galleries in Web Part Catalogs

6. HardFrame Controllers

7. Display script web part within a HTML web part

8. helpme

9. View a Web Part inside of a Web Part

10. dynamic contentlink web part

11. Change web part's properties programmatically

12. Changing web part properties

13. Customizing news Web part to display a date property and a property using list of values