Sharepoint V1 Configuration Optimization

Sharepoint V1 Configuration Optimization

Post by ace » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 08:45:52

Hello,

I was told that Sharepoint V1 can be configured so that its components (i.e.
indexing, search, .... ) can be distributed for optimization (i.e. indexer
installed on another server).  Or does every SPS V1 component have to be in
the same server?

Any links for such documentation would be appreciated.

Thanx,

SK

Sharepoint V1 Configuration Optimization

Post by Wafing L » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:37:13

Pls download this guide, it describes a distributed SPS solution:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/SharePointPortalServer/Update/...

We have succesfully configured a dedicated search/document management
SPS server with a dedicated content index SPS server. Works just fine.
However be careful with customisations, especially, when you have to
install SPS SPs. Make sure that customisations are done after
installing the latest SPs.

> Hello,

> I was told that Sharepoint V1 can be configured so that its components (i.e.
> indexing, search, .... ) can be distributed for optimization (i.e. indexer
> installed on another server).  Or does every SPS V1 component have to be in
> the same server?

> Any links for such documentation would be appreciated.

> Thanx,

> SK

1. Sharepoint v1 - search problem

I am having problems returning documents based on last
modified date or creation date from a certain folder. The
search code was pre-existing and works for pre-existing
folders. I added a new folder named MyFolder to the
document library and pointed the code to search MyFolder.
The search never returns any results.

The documents are published. The documents are indexed. I
can search on some of the custom properties of the
documents in MyFolder and that works correctly.

The documents in MyFolder have two different document
profiles -- profile A which was pre-existing and profile B
which is a new document profile I created. Documents with
a the A profile are being returned in searches of the pre-
existing folder.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. ip forwarding

3. v1: Sharepoint time

4. Gnu-C for OpenVMS

5. V1:Trying to rename a document in a Sharepoint workspace

6. Hardware requirements (was Re: NT Gets on CNN: Will Sell For $99)

7. SharePoint v1.0 database Cache

8. Access Denied Error - Sharepoint Portal Server v1

9. Hiding dialogue box in sharepoint V1

10. SharePoint v1 -> SQL Server Enterprise Manager

11. Configuration/Password problem with SharePoint V2

12. Sharepoint Team Services 2.0 on Windows 2003 Cant open configuration database