Shadow folder files

Post by Christof Hank » Wed, 12 Jun 2002 02:50:06

Hello,

does anybody know the meaning of the files which sharepoint creates in the
shadow folder:

I Know the (x.y) files
but what about the .ch, .vs and name_00000a.ext.vs files?

Background is I need some place to place a prop onto a doc without changing
its version- putting it on the .ch works, but I do not know If that would be
a sane or a sick idea.

Thank you in advance.

Christof

1. shadow folder

Hi,

Before a document is approved, it is stored in "SHADOW"
folder, like:
http://<servername>/<workspace>/SHADOW/Documents/xyz.doc

Now, is it possible for me to escape, "SHADOW" folder and
save the new version in the same folder as of existing
original document, like

http://<servername>/<workspace>/Documents/xyz.doc

Please tell me if this is possible, if yes the how can I
do it?

Thanks

Regards,

ngd

2. New Version of MSN/Windows Messenger (Build 4.7.0105)

3. Shadow Folder

4. Japan: PwerBook 170 sale

5. Using the shadow folder as a tricky solution?

6. Second March interim shipment

7. Access Problems with SHADOW Folder

8. where can I get the complete outlook 2000 object reference?

9. shadow folders

10. Samba Password sync with NIS /etc/shadow file

11. Shadow Passwords or using a file other then /etc/passwd

12. setting file permissions on files/folders on a server

13. Disappearing files and folders when using Explorer to move files to Samba server