hiding a search dashboard

Post by sures » Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:54:26

I want to hide a dashboard from the main navigation bar.
for example i want to hide the search dashboard from the
main page. How can this be acheived.

hiding a search dashboard

Post by Daniel Wessel » Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:05:27

Hi,

Quote:> I want to hide a dashboard from the main navigation bar.

Just open the 'portal' folder of your workspace and set the access
rights of the 'search' folder to your needs.

Greetings,
  Daniel

hiding a search dashboard

Post by sures » Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:29:01

by setting the security i will deny access to the
dashboard entirely. in this case the users may not be able
to search the portal. But what i want is just to hide the
search dashboard from the navigation bar. & i want the
search to function if someone issues a search from the
main dashboard.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>> I want to hide a dashboard from the main navigation
bar.

>Just open the 'portal' folder of your workspace and set
the access
>rights of the 'search' folder to your needs.

>Greetings,
>  Daniel
>.

1. Hide Dashboard for different users

Hi,

We have afew dashboards, Sales, Marketing, Helpdesk etc...
How can we configure the dashboards such that when a Sales person login to
the site, he/she will not see the Marketing and helpdesk dashboard?

Thanks in advance :)

Best Regards,
DD

2. X-25 to IP port connection

3. How do I hide "Dashboards" and "Portal Content"?

4. Illustrator manual

5. How to hide a dashboard or webpart for a user?

6. Cognitive Science WWW & FTP sites in Hamburg, Germany

7. Creating custom Search Dashboard/WebPart

8. GB Routes & Nav

9. How to restore Search and Category dashboards

10. Searching for hidden Objects in

11. Search on Hidden files

12. Searching for hidden LDAP objects

13. Dashboards and Sub-Dashboards