"There is no catalog" error when using search

"There is no catalog" error when using search

Post by Neil » Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:11:47

Hi,

I am getting a "There is No Catalog" page when I try to
use the search function on my Intranet site. It was
working fine and then all of a sudden this happens.
Unfortunately I am not the person who creates the pages in
FrontPage- it's the Content Editor- so i don't know what
he may of done. Regardless, it's still me who has to fix
it!

I read on the MS site that this could be caused by your
catalog not being named OWS_Search_Proxy-- but mine is, so
it can't be that....

Neile

Post by Dustin Miller [MVP » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:19:00

> Unfortunately I am not the person who creates the pages in
> FrontPage- it's the Content Editor- so i don't know what
> he may of done.

Adk him. :)  Are you sure he didn't touch anything like the search.idq file
or anything like that?

--
Dustin Miller - [MVP] SharePoint Team Services
President, SharePoint Experts (http://www.sharepointexperts.com)

1. Help, "Search Documents" error: no catalog

    "Search Documents" generates error "There is no catalog.".   I can't
figure it out a way to solve it.  The "Indexing Service" is running with the
"System" catalog and the default web is indexed.    Is it something to do
with its path?  If so, how to solve the problem.  The Web is in drive F.

thanks for any advice.

te

2. OS/2 on Syquest ???

3. Catalog Queries work great, but STS Searches yield "No Records..."

4. What happened to V3 Inc??

5. Problems with special characters like ("?","ΓΌ","?","?",aso.)

6. Linker Warnings turned to Errors in 6.1??

7. "BatchExport" and "DAPIWrite" equivalent calls using ADSI

8. tree widget

9. "Internet Explorer Script Error" when try to run "Manage Server"

10. What is error "Collection "00100037" has no update schedule"?

11. 102 errors from #import <activeds.tlb> rename("_LARGE_INTEGER", "")

12. About using "Near" search

13. Search AD using "manager" field