Finding User Role if I am a member of group

Finding User Role if I am a member of group

Post by Sachin Are » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 01:08:08

Hi,

I am one of the member of domain group. This group has
given permission as a Author on one of folder in the
SharePoint workspace.
I want to programmatically find out user role for myname.
I used IKnowledgeDocument::get_Author method which gives
me list of authors on that folder.
As this list contains group name, How Can I enumerate my
username from group name because I want to compare my name
with name coming from Author list to decide role?

OR is there any method SharePoint supports which will give
role regardless of user is as a single user or in a group.

I appreciate your help in this regard

Thank you
Sachin

1. How to get role for user if he is member of domain group

Hi,

I am member of one domain group. This group has given
permission as Author on one folder in Sharepoint workspace.
I would like to findout my role on folder.

I used IKnowledgeFolder::get_Author method which gives me
list of Authors.
But, in the list of Authors, I will get group name.
Then, How can I enumerate my name from group so that I can
decide user role for me on the folder.

OR is there any direct method to get roles for users
regardless of he is single user or member of group?

Thanks
Sachin

2. Cap'n Crunch Speaks

3. find out if user name is a member of a given group

4. flash fight animation

5. Getting the list of groups in which a user/group is a member.

6. 0vpvX5BjqpC04Crnhd02CzWxXZXOMniMj

7. Getting the groups a user is a member of doesn't work for hierarchical groups

8. SIMPLE (I HOPE) PROGRAM

9. I am RTFMing and I am confuzed about NetBIOS Group Resource Types

10. Global groups within group groups - how do i get member list

11. Want to find user role runtime

12. Adding member to group with more than 1,000 members

13. List members of Local Group on Member Server