Changing URL of web part from another web part

Changing URL of web part from another web part

Post by Sree Gorantl » Wed, 08 May 2002 00:33:27



Hello,
How can I change the URL of a web part from another web
part. Here is the example. Web part 1 has two radio
buttons (say CNN, Yahoo) and a button. When the user
selects CNN and clicks on the button, I want to show the
content from cnn.com in web part 2. Then if the user
selects Yahoo and clicks on the button on web part 1, I
want to show the content from yahoo.com in web part.

Thanks for the help.

Sree

 
 
 

Changing URL of web part from another web part

Post by Steven Collie » Wed, 08 May 2002 00:46:43


Sree,

Find the Digital Dashboard Resource Kit and look into the DDSC component, it
allows parts to communicate with each other.

Steven Collier


Quote:

> Hello,
> How can I change the URL of a web part from another web
> part. Here is the example. Web part 1 has two radio
> buttons (say CNN, Yahoo) and a button. When the user
> selects CNN and clicks on the button, I want to show the
> content from cnn.com in web part 2. Then if the user
> selects Yahoo and clicks on the button on web part 1, I
> want to show the content from yahoo.com in web part.

> Thanks for the help.

> Sree


 
 
 

Changing URL of web part from another web part

Post by Sree Gorantl » Wed, 08 May 2002 01:05:38


Steven,
I am able to user the DDSC object to raise an event from
one web part and capture it from the other. I am still
clueless on how to set the content of the other web part
to an external site (cnn.com or yahoo.com) depending on
the selection in web part 1. Do I need to user the
LoadItem method or something  ?

Thanks for the help.

Sree

>-----Original Message-----
>Sree,

>Find the Digital Dashboard Resource Kit and look into the
DDSC component, it
>allows parts to communicate with each other.

>Steven Collier


message

>> Hello,
>> How can I change the URL of a web part from another web
>> part. Here is the example. Web part 1 has two radio
>> buttons (say CNN, Yahoo) and a button. When the user
>> selects CNN and clicks on the button, I want to show the
>> content from cnn.com in web part 2. Then if the user
>> selects Yahoo and clicks on the button on web part 1, I
>> want to show the content from yahoo.com in web part.

>> Thanks for the help.

>> Sree

>.

 
 
 

Changing URL of web part from another web part

Post by Steven Collie » Wed, 08 May 2002 02:33:55


 How about something like :-

Function init_WPQ_(){
    DDSC.RegisterForEvent("_PartNamespace_", "urlSelected", BrowseTo_WPQ_);

Quote:}

Function BrowseTo_WPQ_(strURL){
    WebPart_WPQ_.innerHTML = "<iframe width=100% heoight=100% src=" + strURL
+ "></IFRAME>"

Quote:}

or something like that....


> Steven,
> I am able to user the DDSC object to raise an event from
> one web part and capture it from the other. I am still
> clueless on how to set the content of the other web part
> to an external site (cnn.com or yahoo.com) depending on
> the selection in web part 1. Do I need to user the
> LoadItem method or something  ?

> Thanks for the help.

> Sree

> >-----Original Message-----
> >Sree,

> >Find the Digital Dashboard Resource Kit and look into the
> DDSC component, it
> >allows parts to communicate with each other.

> >Steven Collier


> message

> >> Hello,
> >> How can I change the URL of a web part from another web
> >> part. Here is the example. Web part 1 has two radio
> >> buttons (say CNN, Yahoo) and a button. When the user
> >> selects CNN and clicks on the button, I want to show the
> >> content from cnn.com in web part 2. Then if the user
> >> selects Yahoo and clicks on the button on web part 1, I
> >> want to show the content from yahoo.com in web part.

> >> Thanks for the help.

> >> Sree

> >.

 
 
 

Changing URL of web part from another web part

Post by Sree Gorantl » Wed, 08 May 2002 03:57:13


That's it!! It worked.

Thanks a lot, Steven.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
> How about something like :-

>Function init_WPQ_(){
>    DDSC.RegisterForEvent

("_PartNamespace_", "urlSelected", BrowseTo_WPQ_);
Quote:>}

>Function BrowseTo_WPQ_(strURL){
>    WebPart_WPQ_.innerHTML = "<iframe width=100%

heoight=100% src=" + strURL
>+ "></IFRAME>"
>}

>or something like that....


message

>> Steven,
>> I am able to user the DDSC object to raise an event from
>> one web part and capture it from the other. I am still
>> clueless on how to set the content of the other web part
>> to an external site (cnn.com or yahoo.com) depending on
>> the selection in web part 1. Do I need to user the
>> LoadItem method or something  ?

>> Thanks for the help.

>> Sree

>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >Sree,

>> >Find the Digital Dashboard Resource Kit and look into
the
>> DDSC component, it
>> >allows parts to communicate with each other.

>> >Steven Collier


>> message

>> >> Hello,
>> >> How can I change the URL of a web part from another
web
>> >> part. Here is the example. Web part 1 has two radio
>> >> buttons (say CNN, Yahoo) and a button. When the user
>> >> selects CNN and clicks on the button, I want to show
the
>> >> content from cnn.com in web part 2. Then if the user
>> >> selects Yahoo and clicks on the button on web part
1, I
>> >> want to show the content from yahoo.com in web part.

>> >> Thanks for the help.

>> >> Sree

>> >.

>.

 
 
 

1. Is it possible to change the ContentLink property for a web part from another web part?

Hello,

I have created 2 web parts that communicate with each other using the
RaiseEvent and RegisterForEvent notification service of the Digital
Dashboard Services Component.  What happens is that when a button on the
first web part is clicked the second web part displays a web page.  The way
I have got the second web part to display the page is to set a URL for it's
ContentLink property, save the web part and refresh the page.  Now, when you
click on a different button in the first web part nothing happens.  I
understand that this is happening because the second web part now has a
valid ContentLink property so it never looks to the embedded content which
would register it for the event that fires the change.

Has anyone come across this problem before or would anyone know how I could
work around this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David.

2. Windows PS Header for laserwriter IIf

3. Display script web part within a HTML web part

4. Masm's flat memory model.

5. View a Web Part inside of a Web Part

6. BackupExec 7.3 for SBS

7. Web Part Interact w/other Web Part

8. Outputing GIFS

9. Multiple Web Part Galleries in Web Part Catalogs

10. How to get the document url in the web part's link

11. Web Reporting Dashboard Web Parts

12. Web Controls In Web Part (v2)

13. DataGrid Web Part / Web Service