GetObject (WinNT://Mydomain/MyGroup) failed !!

GetObject (WinNT://Mydomain/MyGroup) failed !!

Post by Nicola » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 01:23:31

Hi all,

I'm trying to list all the members of a group with a WinNT object but it
failed. The code is in an asp file (via remote scripting) called by a client
script.

I tried to use it directly on the server inside a VBS file and it worked !!!
But when I use it in my asp, an error occured on the GetObject (WinNT://
xxxx) : - 2147024843

I found nothing on the msdn about this error.

Is there any restriction ?

Thanks in advance for help

GetObject (WinNT://Mydomain/MyGroup) failed !!

Post by Michael Ekegre » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 05:50:00

I not 100% sure of everything regarding this question but try to investigate:

- Do the IUSR-account (or the IIS-account) have administrator rights?
- Is the user authenticated running the ASP script with the proper user rights?

you can also in code try to impersonate an account which have the proper rights
for accessing the userbase using the OpenDSObject when getting the domaingroup
(I think it's named)..

Try this out

Kind regards
-Michael Ekegren

> Hi all,

> I'm trying to list all the members of a group with a WinNT object but it
> failed. The code is in an asp file (via remote scripting) called by a client
> script.

> I tried to use it directly on the server inside a VBS file and it worked !!!
> But when I use it in my asp, an error occured on the GetObject (WinNT://
> xxxx) : - 2147024843

> I found nothing on the msdn about this error.

> Is there any restriction ?

> Thanks in advance for help

1. GetObject (WinNT://Mydomain/MyGroup) failed !!

Hi all,

I'm trying to list all the members of a group with a WinNT object but it
failed. The code is in an asp file (via remote scripting) called by a client
using SharePoint Portal Server.

I tried to use it directly on the server inside a VBS file and it worked !!!
But when I use it in my asp, an error occured on the GetObject (WinNT://
xxxx) : - 2147024843

I found nothing on the msdn about this error.

Is there any restriction ?

Thanks in advance for help

2. Installing SpeedBall2 on HD...

3. mydomain.com vs mydomain.local

4. 3rd Party Disks?

5. firstaname.lastname@mydomain.com instead of username@mydomain.com

6. DDR IP and AppleTalk over ISDN

7. Difference between MyDomain.com and dc=MyDomain, dc=com

8. Video Driver Install v5.00: Upload information

9. Help please = getObject("WinNT://" & sDomain & "/" & sUser)

10. Error with GetObject(WinNt) in VBScript?

11. unstable LDAP. GetObject() intermittently fails

12. GetObject fails when accessig webpage from remote computer

13. getobject failed after applying SRP