Do library folder and documents parts work on other dashbaords?

Do library folder and documents parts work on other dashbaords?

Post by Bria » Sat, 30 Mar 2002 08:29:05



Does anyone know if it is possible to use the library folder and document
parts on another dashboard besides Document Library?
tia
Brian
 
 
 

Do library folder and documents parts work on other dashbaords?

Post by Amit » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 00:34:49


Do you mean, another dashborad on the same workspace or
another workspace...

if its same workspace then you can import the web part and
import it into another dashboard, but if its a dashboard
on another workspace then you have to change the xml
generated to get the xml from the correct workspace, the
xsl will probably remain the same

amit

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Does anyone know if it is possible to use the library
folder and document
>parts on another dashboard besides Document Library?
>tia
>Brian

>.


 
 
 

Do library folder and documents parts work on other dashbaords?

Post by Bria » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 12:17:24


Thanks Amit,
I am trying to do this on another dashboard in the same workspace. I
redirected the library dash tab to go straight to the Documents folder, then
exported and imported the parts in a new dashboard hoping to show Portal
Contents folder only to receive an INVOKE error.
regards
Brian


Quote:> Do you mean, another dashborad on the same workspace or
> another workspace...

> if its same workspace then you can import the web part and
> import it into another dashboard, but if its a dashboard
> on another workspace then you have to change the xml
> generated to get the xml from the correct workspace, the
> xsl will probably remain the same

> amit

> >-----Original Message-----
> >Does anyone know if it is possible to use the library
> folder and document
> >parts on another dashboard besides Document Library?
> >tia
> >Brian

> >.

 
 
 

Do library folder and documents parts work on other dashbaords?

Post by Amit » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 18:11:14


Hi ,
i have posted the same reply to camille, just posting
again so u get it for sure

You have to create a function which is exactly similar to
CreateandStartandCacheQueriesforFolderParts, except that
it should take the folder url as input paramter for which
documents have to be displayed, and assign this input
paramter to the strFolderUrl variable instead of the
ReadParameterFromGetorPost value, a better alternative is
to create a new variable and replace strFolderUrl
parameter everywhere in the new function.

and call this new function created from documents web part
instead of the old one, and pass the full URL of the
folder u ant to display
eg: "http://<servername>/<workspacename>/Documents"

better way would be to pass just the full folder path, and
assign the server name and workspace name dynamically, so
that ur code is generic enough to be ported.

let me know if this works, since i have not tried it..

good luck
bye

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Thanks Amit,
>I am trying to do this on another dashboard in the same
workspace. I
>redirected the library dash tab to go straight to the

Documents folder, then
>exported and imported the parts in a new dashboard hoping
to show Portal
>Contents folder only to receive an INVOKE error.
>regards
>Brian



>> Do you mean, another dashborad on the same workspace or
>> another workspace...

>> if its same workspace then you can import the web part
and
>> import it into another dashboard, but if its a dashboard
>> on another workspace then you have to change the xml
>> generated to get the xml from the correct workspace, the
>> xsl will probably remain the same

>> amit

>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >Does anyone know if it is possible to use the library
>> folder and document
>> >parts on another dashboard besides Document Library?
>> >tia
>> >Brian

>> >.

>.