SPS Stopped Working Suddenly

Post by Devesh Aggarwa » Mon, 09 Sep 2002 19:50:31

Hi

 SPS was functioning perfectly. Till I installed ExchangeSDKTemplates.
The name of the Installable is ExchangeSDKTemplates the product version is
2.11.15.0.
The original Filename is stub32i.exe.

I wanted to install Exchange server template and workflow explorer for
exchange on same machine(no exchange server on this machine).At the time of
installation it showed the message

[side by side execution of the both the dll's are not possible and that
MSXML3.dll would be replaced by a file msxml.dll. if continued ,deployment
wizard will fail].

if no then it will exit the installation of template.
I  continued with the Installation.
After installation of the above Template. I could not open SPS workspace
project in Office Xp developer.
I reinstalled the Office Xp Developer but I Still could not open the SPS
project.

While creating a New Project it gives an error message XML.dll has been
replaced cannot create Dashboard site.

While trying to open an existing project it gives an error insufficient
priveleges cannot open Project.

Then I opened the SPS site it opened the site but showed XML parser error in
all web parts.
 So I tried to reinstall the SPS it is showing me the following error -
[09/08/02,12:09:40] SharePoint Portal Server: [2] RegisterExe, LaunchProcess
D:\Program Files\SharePoint Portal Server\Bin\msdmserv.exe /regserver failed
with error code 0x80070006.

 Then I uninstalled SPS and again installed SPS ,It showed me the again same
above error.

What would be the problem?
Any suggestions.

Thanks
Devesh

SPS Stopped Working Suddenly

Post by me » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:08:53

Devesh,
I know there are numerous articles that SPS should never
be installed with Exchange Server. Am assuming that
ExchangeSDKTemplates may use some same DLLs as Exchange
server, and therefore can't run on same machine as SPS
either. If you look at SPS installation topics, you may
find more info on this.
Me
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi

> SPS was functioning perfectly. Till I installed

ExchangeSDKTemplates.
Quote:>The name of the Installable is ExchangeSDKTemplates the
product version is
>2.11.15.0.
>The original Filename is stub32i.exe.

>I wanted to install Exchange server template and workflow
explorer for
>exchange on same machine(no exchange server on this

machine).At the time of
Quote:>installation it showed the message

>[side by side execution of the both the dll's are not
possible and that
>MSXML3.dll would be replaced by a file msxml.dll. if

continued ,deployment
Quote:>wizard will fail].

>if no then it will exit the installation of template.
>I  continued with the Installation.
>After installation of the above Template. I could not
open SPS workspace
>project in Office Xp developer.
>I reinstalled the Office Xp Developer but I Still could
not open the SPS
>project.

>While creating a New Project it gives an error message
XML.dll has been
>replaced cannot create Dashboard site.

>While trying to open an existing project it gives an
error insufficient
>priveleges cannot open Project.

>Then I opened the SPS site it opened the site but showed
XML parser error in
>all web parts.
> So I tried to reinstall the SPS it is showing me the
following error -
>[09/08/02,12:09:40] SharePoint Portal Server: [2]

RegisterExe, LaunchProcess
Quote:>D:\Program Files\SharePoint Portal

Server\Bin\msdmserv.exe /regserver failed
Quote:>with error code 0x80070006.

> Then I uninstalled SPS and again installed SPS ,It

showed me the again same

Quote:>above error.

>What would be the problem?
>Any suggestions.

>Thanks
>Devesh

>.

1. POP3 connector suddenly stops working

I have a new client and have inherited a SBS2000
configuration. They use an ISDN for Internet connectivity
and are using the POP3 connector to pickup e-mail from the
ISP. It was working for quite some time and all of a
sudden stopped working. All e-mail remains on the pop
server. SMTP for outgoing mail works fine. Some additional
information to isolate the problem:
- I have configured the Outlook 2000 client on the SBS
server to download the email using the same POP3 account
and it works. So there are no account or accessibility
issues.
- When I start the POP3 connector service it runs. When I
tell it to "retrieve updates now" it runs for about 2
minutes and then stops with the error stating an
unexpected error (sorry I don't have the exact event log
entry)

I have attached an entry from the log file located in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft
BackOffice\Connectivity\POP3 Connector

It occurs right before the POP3 connector service stops.

I plan on applying SP1 tomorrow but any additional
information to point me in the right direction is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Darryl

  POP3 error message.txt
1K Download

2. IE5 toolbar, chevron popup-menu.

3. RAS suddenly stop working for selected users ??

4. IOCL secondary frame window ends application when closed

5. Domain logons suddenly stop working

6. TOP 3.3 Startup After inst

7. SWAT suddenly stops working?

8. Dlink d-701 and ftp

9. browsing suddenly stopped working

10. Site suddenly stopped working - re-boot cleared

11. Backup Exec Suddenly Stops

12. NT4 Workstations suddenly stop browsing

13. SMS system has suddenly stopped distributing, please help!!!!