separate document libraries all sharing same documents

separate document libraries all sharing same documents

Post by Hira » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 06:42:48

Hi,

I do not know if this is a problem or not.  In my SPTS site, I have
created another document library; there exists the default "Shared
documents" library as well.  What happens if I upload items into my
new document library, the documents are also showing up in the "shared
documents" library.  In fact what looks like is happening is that both
libraries are referencing the same folder to display documents.
Should this be happening?  Is this a known bug in SPTS document
library function?

Thanks
Any help is greatly appreciated, as I have invested a good portion of
time on this SPTS and this functionality I am getting is very
unexpected.

Hiram

separate document libraries all sharing same documents

Post by Mike Wals » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 13:33:43

This shouldn't happen.

1. Check the contents of the two different directories on the server - do
they contain the same documents.

2. How are you uploading documents into STS - with "Upload Document" within
a doc library or how ?

3. If you are not using "Upload Document" could you do this for a single
document and then look to see if that one is being listed in both places and
is located in both places.

4. Also have a look at the STS database to see what that is giving as the
document locations.

Mike Walsh
Helsinki
Finland

Quote:> Hi,

> I do not know if this is a problem or not.  In my SPTS site, I have
> created another document library; there exists the default "Shared
> documents" library as well.  What happens if I upload items into my
> new document library, the documents are also showing up in the "shared
> documents" library.  In fact what looks like is happening is that both
> libraries are referencing the same folder to display documents.
> Should this be happening?  Is this a known bug in SPTS document
> library function?

> Thanks
> Any help is greatly appreciated, as I have invested a good portion of
> time on this SPTS and this functionality I am getting is very
> unexpected.

> Hiram

separate document libraries all sharing same documents

Post by Hira » Mon, 21 Apr 2003 02:36:40

Thanks very much on this.  The database xml was damaged.
Hiram