incoming/outgoing figures

Post by Tom » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 00:42:44

Hi
We have recently set up MRTG on our router and I am a little puzzled
regarding some of the results...
We have daily, weekly and monthly graphs set up under which we have max,
average and current incoming and outgoing traffic figures.
The current incoming and outgoing figure is different for each graph... I
find this a little odd as surely when the page is generated it is going to
have the same 'Current incoming' figure regardless of whether the graph is a
daily, weekly or monthly one...?
Am I missing something?
Any thoughts gratefully received
Tom

incoming/outgoing figures

Post by Daniel J McDona » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 02:31:41

>Hi
>We have recently set up MRTG on our router and I am a little puzzled
>regarding some of the results...
>We have daily, weekly and monthly graphs set up under which we have max,
>average and current incoming and outgoing traffic figures.
>The current incoming and outgoing figure is different for each graph... I
>find this a little odd as surely when the page is generated it is going to
>have the same 'Current incoming' figure regardless of whether the graph is a
>daily, weekly or monthly one...?

The daily graph will show you the current 5 minute average.
The weekly graph will show you the current 30 minute average
the monthly graph will show you the current 120 minute average
the yearly graph will show you the current 24hour average.

--
Daniel J McDonald CCIE # 2495, CNX
Visit my website: http://www.austinnetworkdesign.com

incoming/outgoing figures

Post by Verstrooid Profk » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 02:45:58

Quote:

> The daily graph will show you the current 5 minute average.

.. and is updated every 5 minutes
Quote:> The weekly graph will show you the current 30 minute average

.. and is updated every 30 minutes
Quote:> the monthly graph will show you the current 120 minute average

.. and is updated every 120 minutes
Quote:> the yearly graph will show you the current 24hour average.

.. and is updated every daily

--
http://fun.from.hell.pl/2003-03-24/bart.gif

incoming/outgoing figures

Post by Tom » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 18:00:02

Quote:> > The daily graph will show you the current 5 minute average.
> .. and is updated every 5 minutes
> > The weekly graph will show you the current 30 minute average
> .. and is updated every 30 minutes
> > the monthly graph will show you the current 120 minute average
> .. and is updated every 120 minutes
> > the yearly graph will show you the current 24hour average.
> .. and is updated every daily

Thanks guys