MRTG Question

Post by CK » Tue, 22 Apr 2003 18:28:58

Hi All

I am relatively new to the wonderful world of MRTG and looking for some
guidance in getting MRTG stats from remote devices. I know that this is
possible however I am not totally sure how to go about it, what I mean is
for example I have got a Red Hat 8.0 Server and I want to monitor the
traffic passing over my Cisco Router and my Windows 2000 Pro Desktop. Is
this possible and if so how.

Many thanks for any info that you may be able to provide.

CK
www.networkingbasics.co.uk

MRTG Question

Post by Brendo » Tue, 22 Apr 2003 20:15:55

Follow the instructions on the MRTG website, they run through the procedures
step by step. If you have an issue with a particular step then please
re-post.

Quote:> Hi All

> I am relatively new to the wonderful world of MRTG and looking for some
> guidance in getting MRTG stats from remote devices. I know that this is
> possible however I am not totally sure how to go about it, what I mean is
> for example I have got a Red Hat 8.0 Server and I want to monitor the
> traffic passing over my Cisco Router and my Windows 2000 Pro Desktop. Is
> this possible and if so how.

> Many thanks for any info that you may be able to provide.

> CK
> www.networkingbasics.co.uk

1. newbie MRTG question : how to add mib to MRTG ?

Hi,

I'm a MRTG newbie and am trying to get it work with Xylan Omniswitch,
the problem is, I can't find the MIB files from popular MIB libraries...

At last, I got the xylan mib, but the simple question is, how do I add
the mib into MRTG ? I'm using MRTG on WinNT & Win98

Any help appreciated !!

alex

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Frontier READ THIS

3. MRTG - Questions from a Newbie

4. Need Help ....

5. MRTG question

6. coffee-nickname progress (was, for no particular reason): Send America's Delinquents To Palestine

7. rndc and mrtg question

8. Ports of Call

9. 95.pl + mrtg question

10. MRTG Question