Zero values

Post by cc_ph.. » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

When my devices drop off the network MRTG just flatlines at the last
recorded value. Is there a way to make MRTG report a zero value when
it can't communicate with a device? This way I could set my thresholds
to send an alert when the device registers as zero.

Chuck

Zero values

Post by Jeff Lieberman » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

>When my devices drop off the network MRTG just flatlines at the last
>recorded value. Is there a way to make MRTG report a zero value when
>it can't communicate with a device?

Options[blah]: UnKnAsZero

Quote:>This way I could set my thresholds
>to send an alert when the device registers as zero.

You could set a min threshold value of zero to send an alert, but then
there would be no way to distinguish between zero traffic, no
communications, or heavy traffic with timeouts.  Better to use one of
"ping" type connectivity checkers which allow some logic and timing to
determine if a link is down.

--
Jeff Liebermann  150 Felker St #D  Santa Cruz CA 95060
(831)421-6491 pgr (831)426-1240 fax (831)336-2558 home

1. ipRouteIfIndex value of zero?

I'm looking at a Cisco 2500 routing table, and I see a row with an
indirect route, a valid next hop address, and ipRouteIfIndex value of 0.
Does anyone have any idea why I'm seeing a 0 ipRouteIfIndex value? Is
this indicating a configuration problem??

thanks,
Dave Zeltserman

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. where is dup() ?

3. Why is MRTG getting values of zero for our loadbalancer

4. ispell.el for ispell 3.1.13 ?

5. Just Dial One-Nine-Zero-Zero-SCREWME

6. Information on Newsgroup required

7. Plausible: zero collisions, zero errors?

8. S11 value, fastest reliable value

9. CRC Errors Last value:1 Peak value: 1

10. IPSEC: reserved not zero on payload message when connecting site-to-site

11. ip subnet zero

12. Bad memory - wrote zero... on a 2503 cisco router