mrtg + mrtg-ping-probe perlscript ?!?

Post by Marti » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:00:32

Hello,

Any one running mrtg-ping-probe perlscript, packetloss, on a w2k pc with
ActivePerl-5.6.1.629 or former versions ?
( scriptet codec by Peter W. Osel )

My ActivePerl will startup the script, but will not keep on running it as a
deamon ?!?

Im also running the script on my Linux box, no problem at all .. running
just fine, but i cant
get i to work under w2k.

RunAsDeamon will my ActivePerl not eat either ?

Hope to get some help from here .....

MD

mrtg + mrtg-ping-probe perlscript ?!?

Post by Jack Lyon » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 12:58:00

not sure if this is a typo, but the mrtg config statement should be

RunAsDaemon: Yes

HTH,
Jack

Quote:> Hello,

Post by Marti » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:51:44

> not sure if this is a typo, but the mrtg config statement should be

> RunAsDaemon: Yes

> HTH,
> Jack

"klip"
i know ... but still doesnt work ... argh

MD

mrtg + mrtg-ping-probe perlscript ?!?

Post by Jack Lyon » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:26:10

What do you get in your log?
e.g.
perl mrtg mrtg.cfg --logging=mrtg.log

> > not sure if this is a typo, but the mrtg config statement should be

> > RunAsDaemon: Yes

> > HTH,
> > Jack

> "klip"
> i know ... but still doesnt work ... argh

> MD

mrtg + mrtg-ping-probe perlscript ?!?

Post by Marti » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 22:43:53

Quote:> What do you get in your log?
> e.g.
> perl mrtg mrtg.cfg --logging=mrtg.log

"cut"

It seems that my logfile works just fine, when i run the :
start /Dc:\mrtg\mrtg-2.9.17\bin\ wperl mrtg --logging=eventlog
c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mrtg\mrtg\mrtg.cfg

but .... my Perl will not startup as an deamon (keep running under
Processes) just like with an
normal trafic MRTG stat.

When i run the commando, the one i just pasted, i can see that Perl is
trying to deamonize
it self, i can see the DOS-windos, but then i just stops !?!?!

Martin

mrtg + mrtg-ping-probe perlscript ?!?

Post by Vijay Anan » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 03:04:15

I use FireDaemon under WIn2k - it is easy to install, free, and works
consistently.
Pakes Perl + MRTG into a service.

http://www.firedaemon.com

> > What do you get in your log?
> > e.g.
> > perl mrtg mrtg.cfg --logging=mrtg.log

> "cut"

> It seems that my logfile works just fine, when i run the :
> start /Dc:\mrtg\mrtg-2.9.17\bin\ wperl mrtg --logging=eventlog
> c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mrtg\mrtg\mrtg.cfg

> but .... my Perl will not startup as an deamon (keep running under
> Processes) just like with an
> normal trafic MRTG stat.

> When i run the commando, the one i just pasted, i can see that Perl is
> trying to deamonize
> it self, i can see the DOS-windos, but then i just stops !?!?!

> Martin

mrtg + mrtg-ping-probe perlscript ?!?

Post by Marti » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 04:32:08

Quote:> I use FireDaemon under WIn2k - it is easy to install, free, and works
> consistently.
> Pakes Perl + MRTG into a service.

> http://www.firedaemon.com

"cut"
Thanx,

the funny thing is that on his page :
http://pwo.de/projects/mrtg/
is says the W2k is fully supported with this script ... BUT i cant
get it to work ... argh ...

1. mrtg ping-probe on Win NT

Hi.

I'm trying to setup a ping-probe on my MRTG, using Windows NT. I've got SP8
installed, and otherwise fulfill the requirements of the mrtg-ping-probe
(v2.3). I suspect my ping don't give me the correct output, and I want to
know any third party ping-tools that can work with this ping-probe. I get
the following error message:

mrtg-ping-probe: ERROR: Could not find ping summary for <host.com>
mrtg-ping-probe: ERROR: Could not find packet loss summary for <host.com>

So I need a ping-tool that support this program, and I believe it needs to
support round-trip.time output..

Thanks in advance
- Anders -

2. Wich compiler for C++? (HELP!)

3. How to debug MRTG - (My MRTG instance stop without reason)

4. NEC 78K3 Opcodes

5. MRTG and mrtg.cfg-problem!

6. Install troubles (NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM & KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED errors)

7. MRTG Newbie needs help with MRTG on Solaris 8 SPARC Edition

8. the Apple IIc

9. perl mrtg mrtg.cfg

10. newbie MRTG question : how to add mib to MRTG ?

11. MRTG- Error with Multiple Router mrtg.cfg

12. Error message when running perl mrtg mrtg.cfg

13. MRTG error: un\rateup'ute 'c:mrtg-2.9.0pre27