MRTG, Windows and multiple IP's

Post by Francisco Mon » Sun, 01 Jun 2003 12:12:25

Hello,

I have a Windows 2000 Server with 6 ip addresses binded to 1 NIC (aliases)
and I'm currently looking a way to monitor the bandwidth used by each ip
address.

Can I do that with MRTG and the SMNP provided with Windows, or should I
install another SMNP service?  How I configured MRTG to monitor each ip?

Thank you very much

Francisco

MRTG, Windows and multiple IP's

Post by Kevin Vaugh » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 08:07:49

You might be able to set up something application specific.  For instance,
if you're running IIS with six different website (all with their own IP) and
you want to measure traffic to each website then I think it's possible.  I'm
not too sure otherwise.

-Kevin

Quote:> Hello,

> I have a Windows 2000 Server with 6 ip addresses binded to 1 NIC (aliases)
> and I'm currently looking a way to monitor the bandwidth used by each ip
> address.

> Can I do that with MRTG and the SMNP provided with Windows, or should I
> install another SMNP service?  How I configured MRTG to monitor each ip?

> Thank you very much

> Francisco

1. mrtg monitoring multiple ip's

if i have two separate routers (192.168.69.239 and .240) and i want to
generate mrtg stats for each, how do i set it up?

i expect there is a better way than creating separate cfg files and
calling each thru a separate cron entry.

if the answer lies with indexmaker, then i don't understand how what to
enter for "<regexp for router-names>" nor how to generate a cfg with
multiple ip's.

this is a GREAT app and i'm looking forward to using it.

thanks for any help

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Please Help Me Invalidate this darn Window

3. Connecting multiple PC's to cable with multiple IP's

4. WS467 push button modification

5. MRTG error: un\rateup'ute 'c:mrtg-2.9.0pre27

6. Is this Possible

7. Pix 501 Multiple public IP's to single private IP

8. Lost Emails from W2000 to W-XP Conversion

9. Problem with RunAsDaemon, WinNT4, MRTG 2.9.9 and multiple windows.

10. MRTG- Error with Multiple Router mrtg.cfg

11. Effect of multiple 'ip helper-address' on DHCP

12. Windows 98 - IP adress resolution via 'Hosts' file doesn' work