MRTG hangs after reboot

Post by Canuck V'dubbe » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:21:32

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone with more Perl smarts than me can help me out.
I've been running MRTG 2.9.17 on Linux for about 2 years with no
issues (Perl 5.6.0).  I am using MRTG to poll and RRDTool to display
results.  Everything was running without issues until the server was
recently shut down and moved to a new rack.

Now the mrtg perl script hangs when it's called.  If I end the process
manually (Ctrl-C), I get the following error returned:

ERROR: Bailout after SIG INT

The same happens whether I use RRDTool or rateup.  I also compiled the
latest pre pre* release (2.9.29) and got the same error.  Then I
upgraded perl and also got the same error.

What could have happened ?

Thanks in advance,

MZ

MRTG hangs after reboot

Post by M Zee » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:23:09

Quote:>Hello all,

>I'm hoping someone with more Perl smarts than me can help me out.
>I've been running MRTG 2.9.17 on Linux for about 2 years with no
>issues (Perl 5.6.0).  I am using MRTG to poll and RRDTool to display
>results.  Everything was running without issues until the server was
>recently shut down and moved to a new rack.

>Now the mrtg perl script hangs when it's called.  If I end the process
>manually (Ctrl-C), I get the following error returned:

>ERROR: Bailout after SIG INT

>The same happens whether I use RRDTool or rateup.  I also compiled the
>latest pre pre* release (2.9.29) and got the same error.  Then I
>upgraded perl and also got the same error.

>What could have happened ?

>Thanks in advance,

>MZ

Problem solved.  MRTG wasn't really*, it was waiting for the
results from an external program.

The one program polls the local COM1 port for output from an external
temperature probe in the NOC.  When my colleague put the server back
into the other rack, the sensing circuitry was plugged into COM2,
resulting in no response from the program.

1. Cisco 801 ISDN hangs - only reboot helps

Hi,

we got a problem with some of our 801-Routers. ISDN dial-up to ISP or
leased-line: Everything works fine, but after a couple of days you
have to reboot the router (power off / power on) to get it to work
again.

We tried several releases of IOS but the problem is still the same. I
am not able to get any information from the distributor or cisco.

Right now I am going to catch some more information by debug / syslog.

Someone else with this experience?

Thanks for any help / ideas.

Regards,

Christian

2. Why??

3. Win95 Motorola USR Redial hangs, need rebooting

4. Siena battery cover.

5. Netscape hang responsive to reboot in Win98

6. Questions on dmesg output

7. ADSL hangs, requires reboot

8. HELP! Backing up a Sun Netra w/4mm???

9. Enternet 100 (1.310.001) Win98 hangs / resource problems / reboots

10. Mac system hang during reboot after configuring MacPPP 2.0.1

11. ntpdate hangs after reboot

12. System hangs at reboot

13. MRTG SNMP ID changes after REboot